So long, and thanks for all the fish

Tamworthram

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, if you are so fed up that you want to leave, genuinely,  then all you do is just leave.

If you make a post about it then all you are doing is attention seeking.

What do you want? 10 pages of 'Please don't leave' ?

By all means tell us how you feel, I'm sure many would be sympathetic and try to help you but as soon as you dress it up with a leave threat it becomes a 'Fishing for likes' exercise and that is unattractive. 

To engage this on some level, to everyone:

The functionality of the ignore list exists solely for the benefit of people who find that certain posters grind their gears. I'd recommend using it. 

Also, best to avoid any politics adjacent threads like the Coronavirus one. They are the source of about 80% of all the warnings we give, those people just can't control themselves. ? 

If either of those methods don't work for you, and you find your time on here consistently negative, then I support your decision to take a break / leave. 
You shouldn't do things that don't make you happy, imo, unless it's vitally important - and posting on a Derby County fans forum is pretty far from the "important" category.

That all being said, as @RoyMac5 very correctly stated, this is not the place to come for positivity when Derby are in poo form. I've taken more than one break myself during our out-of-form spells in the past. Course now I've been made a mod and locked into this fresh hell.

The ignore function is only a partial success though. Take one member I’ve had on ignore for around seven years, he is so wanting to be acknowledged he posts absolute bile for the attention and as it is bile, he get’s taken to task almost every time he posts. The ignore function doesn’t work when he is quoted though, thus having him on ignore is virtually pointless.

To be honest, I find the banning of Bris Vegas for trolling a bit harsh when the clown I refer to is almost encouraged to carry on with his immature and self indulgent tosh. 

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

The ignore function is only a partial success though. Take one member I’ve had on ignore for around seven years, he is so wanting to be acknowledged he posts absolute bile for the attention and as it is bile, he get’s taken to task almost every time he posts. The ignore function doesn’t work when he is quoted though, thus having him on ignore is virtually pointless.

To be honest, I find the banning of Bris Vegas for trolling a bit harsh when the clown I refer to is almost encouraged to carry on with his immature and self indulgent tosh

To be fair, you can't ban @David he owns the forum. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Having come to the conclusion that my views (often flawed) are seriously at odds with a number of other posters when it comes to politics, coronavirus and now the way we comment on football I have come to the conclusion that it's time for me to give this forum a break and move on/delete it from my favourites.

I also recognise that I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as most (I can never contribute ideas to proposed team selections/formations and often have never heard of many of the transfer targets discussed).

So, that's it from me. I know I won't be missed and I'm sure there will be some comments to this effect. Perhaps I'll return one day in happier times. 

I think you are really good and you posting in the coronavirus thread have been really informative. Your knowledge on football issues is second to none on here and you may know more than the Derby management and me. Keep it up I think you’re ok. ?

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

To be honest, I find the banning of Bris Vegas for trolling a bit harsh when the clown I refer to is almost encouraged to carry on with his immature and self indulgent tosh. 

Oooh - who is it? Can we guess? Can we have a poll?

Seriously, for me, the 'ignore' function is a last resort so only one poster has deserved that recognition, though post-match today I've been sorely tempted to dramatically increase the number (not really).

Archived