Wisdom 3

Bird 3

Rooney 2

Knight 6

Sibley 5

Jozwiak 6

Marriott 3

Evans 5

Shame Whittaker wasn't on long enough to get a mark as I thought he was our brightest player - 7 

Actually agree on Whittaker!!! (Excluding Marshall)

Marshall - 7  Could do nothing for the goals this game and it would have been 7/8 without him  

Byrne - 5 OK going forward but out of position too often when defending  

Buchanan - 5  I’m torn with this score. He was much better attacking in the second half and was a real threat. First half defensively, which is his job, he was poor. 

Te Weirik - 4 Occasionally looks great and I think he’s going to be great, then gets muscled off the ball or miss judges a flight and I wonder if it is his first time playing football.  

Wisdom - 3 Poor. Defensively no pace and no positioning  sense. His one recovery tackle was important as he’d been left flat footed and beaten easily by his man. 

Bird - 4 Needs Shinnie next to him. He is doing the work of 2 with Rooney in there and it is not helping him at all. 

Rooney - 1. Needed subbing at half time. A passenger for much of the game and responsible for 2 of the goals and possibly 3 with his absolute lack of tracking back, closing down, lazy ass play. 

Knight - 5 Average I’m the wing but better in the middle and was one of the players I felt was actually giving his all for 90 mins. 

Sibley - 4 Difficult for him up front with little or no support, but struggled when he had it. 

Jozwiak - 6 I actually love this guy already. A bit of fight, attacking intent and had a go. Finished like Johnny Russel so reminded me of him a lot. 

Marriott - 2 I know he didn’t have much service but there were too many times he was moaning at our players when he had been static and not actually doing his job. Feel for him though, service and never looking for a ball over the top must frustrate the hell out of him. 

Evans - 6. Was solid. The best of the 5 at the back and actually may have found a place in bringing the ball out from the back adding to the bodies in the middle. 

Holmes- 5 Put himself about and looked a little bit of a threat, but too little, too late. 

Whitaker- 6 Looked a threat and had attacking intent but again, too little too late. 

Johnson missed so many shots for us so I must ask how he scored that first one for them. He got so much criticism here at times but looked great today. Breberton looked a class above today. Every one of their players worked extremely hard and seemed very fit and motivated. So much of this is down to the manager surely. He has built this team over three years 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Johnson missed so many shots for us so I must ask how he scored that first one for them. He got so much criticism here at times but looked great today. Breberton looked a class above today. Every one of their players worked extremely hard and seemed very fit and motivated. So much of this is down to the manager surely. He has built this team over three years 

Rooney an upgrade on Brad ? i dont think so

Marshall - 7

Byrne - 5

Te Wierik - 3

Wisdom - 4

Buchanan - 6

Bird - 2

Rooney - 2

Knight - 5

Sibley - 3

Jozwiak - 4

Marriott - 4

Evans - 5

Defence getting criticised but the issue yesterday was how we defended as a team, back 4 was criminally exposed due to no protection from midfield. The game completely passed Bird Rooney and Sibley by, they were the worst players in my view closely followed by Te Wierik. Marshall was excellent would have been many more without him, Buchanan I thought was the best of outfield players, at least in defence and attack he was aggressive, bailed his centre halves out on a few occasions and put some of the best ball into the box.

Archived