Jordan Obita

DCFC1388

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

He said Marriott was on his way because apparently Cocu doesn't favour him. 2 + 2 = 5 and all that.

Although I don't think Marriott is best suited to our current 'style' of play, perhaps he's getting him fit to move on. Him and Zoon into the sunset?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Although I don't think Marriott is best suited to our current 'style' of play, perhaps he's getting him fit to move on. Him and Zoon into the sunset?

I think Cocu might want to see what Marriott is capable of when he's got the likes of Jozwiak, Lawrence and Ibe all creating chances for him. Problem is, he might be third choice by then behind Dursun (if he signs) and Waghorn (when fit). Such a shame that he's been unfit and/or out of form for much of his time with us.

Also, isn't he in the last year of his contract? With a new more sensible economic model in place at the club, I wonder if we might follow the lead from other clubs and look to sell players in their last year if they're not going to extend their contract (I can't imagine Marriott would want to extend if he ends up third choice striker). It depends what the best option is from a FFP perspective I suppose.

Archived