Jordan Obita

DCFC1388

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are getting to that stage of the transfer window when papers insert snippets of transfer gossip in the hope one or two come off. 

Anyone reading our forum would see us talking about a possible weakness at LB and lo and behold one becomes available. 

Obita's injury record is the main reason he's in our range and injuries are what has hindered the current incumbent. 

Good if fit though. 

I think a short-ish deal might work here. 1 or 2 years. He's better than Forsyth currently is (sorry Fozzy...) and having him here would allow Buchanan time to develop without rushing him into the position. If he stays fit and does a good job we can look to extend, if it doesn't work out then he isn't on the books for long.

We also have Archie Brown impressing at LB in the U23s, so there is competition between him and Buchanan to be next in line in that position. I just don't have faith in Forsyth being the senior LB for this season.

38 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Its a big no from me. We already have one left back who has only partially recovered from a series of career threatening knee injuries. If we sign a left back it will be someone better than this. We aren't THAT skint  

We might not be in a huge black hole, or indeed a cavernous pit, but we are very clearly in a Dell. I think we are Poundland shopping for the remainder of the window.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We might not be in a huge black hole, or indeed a cavernous pit, but we are very clearly in a Dell. I think we are Poundland shopping for the remainder of the window.

I'm hoping we are being clever with all the cheap signings to enable ourselves to spend on a decent striker that fits what we are looking for 

I posted his name in the transfer suggestions thread a week or so back. I expect a job offer from the scouting team any day now. 

I think it makes sense, free and heaps of championship experience. Attacking fullback at a good age. He's no world beater but he's an improvement. 

Archived