Non-league....

Bill Curry

8 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Indeed - I had the pleasure last season of a brief chat with former Ram Robin Van Der Laan, who manages Newcastle Town in the same league as Belper Town.  Sad to say he walks with the aid of stick now and looks in some pain while he's walking.

Seen others too - who remembers Nathan Tyson?  He was in the Chesterfield squad for their friendly at Belper.  Didn't get a game through.  I wonder why?

Harvey Kozluk plays at Belper too, dad Rob is often there too, offering advice and guidance to the lad.

Its all good fun!

Kozluk has moved on, can't remember where to but some smaller local team.

Do remember Callum Ball on the bench against Belper a season or two ago. He looked massive.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where I now live we have two non league teams..one who've just been promoted to the National League Premier Division and the other in the Northern Premier League.But because the National League is classed as"Elite Sport" they are not allowed fans in to watch... possibly for the entire season.They are really in dire straights because they cannot even start playing with no fans...it would cost them money to put on matches.A rock and a hard place.Meanwhile the other local team are allowed fans because they aren't classed as Elite.They usually attract about 200 anyway..no difference to normal.I just can't see any reason why the National League can't be allowed say 500 fans in usually much larger stadiums.I really fear that many of the teams in the 3 National League Divisions will simply cease to exist unless drastic action is taken.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not sure if I have misunderstood but at non league football you can gather 400 people together with no social distancing measures?

They are still required to implement social distancing measures. It's no different to the workplace, or schools, or protests where hundreds of people have to try and keep socially distanced throughout the day.

6 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Where I now live we have two non league teams..one who've just been promoted to the National League Premier Division and the other in the Northern Premier League.But because the National League is classed as"Elite Sport" they are not allowed fans in to watch... possibly for the entire season.They are really in dire straights because they cannot even start playing with no fans...it would cost them money to put on matches.A rock and a hard place.Meanwhile the other local team are allowed fans because they aren't classed as Elite.They usually attract about 200 anyway..no difference to normal.I just can't see any reason why the National League can't be allowed say 500 fans in usually much larger stadiums.I really fear that many of the teams in the 3 National League Divisions will simply cease to exist unless drastic action is taken.

They fear it too.

Have people been following the FA Cup guidelines over recent days? Alfreton are drawn away at Coalville Town, who aren't classed as elite, so they sold tickets to fans.

Since then there has been a ruling that only Coalville supporters can attend, as they aren't elite. So both Alfreton and Coalville are having to refund tickets bought, in Coalville's case to anyone with a DE, NG or S postcode - as they are likely to be Alfreton supporters. 

Coalville can then resell these tickets to their own supporters, if anybody wants them, that is! 

This is clearly ridiculous and has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with bureaucracy gone crazy! 

52 minutes ago, angieram said:

Have people been following the FA Cup guidelines over recent days? Alfreton are drawn away at Coalville Town, who aren't classed as elite, so they sold tickets to fans.

Since then there has been a ruling that only Coalville supporters can attend, as they aren't elite. So both Alfreton and Coalville are having to refund tickets bought, in Coalville's case to anyone with a DE, NG or S postcode - as they are likely to be Alfreton supporters. 

Coalville can then resell these tickets to their own supporters, if anybody wants them, that is! 

This is clearly ridiculous and has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with bureaucracy gone crazy! 

Especially crazy when a mile away from Coalville are DE postcodes!

Archived