Auction of old FA cup

Spanish

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

4 FA Cup finals in 6 years.......plus a replay as well......all at Crystal Palace,

I hope the travelling Rams got to know how to find it. I once drove round South London looking for Palace's ground (pre Sat Nav) and couldn't find it. I ended up parking outside a supermarket and asking someone if i was near to Selhurst Park, he explained that the shop was actually attached to the stadium and i still couldnt see the ducking shitehole.

The FA Cup finals were played at what is now the Crystal Palace National Athletics Centre. 

Used to live and work in the area in the late nineties and I think you perfectly summed up the essence of Selhurst Park.  I once saw the Rams draw 1-1 there without a single shot on target and I'm not sure many off target.

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The FA Cup finals were played at what is now the Crystal Palace National Athletics Centre. 

Used to live and work in the area in the late nineties and I think you perfectly summed up the essence of Selhurst Park.  I once saw the Rams draw 1-1 there without a single shot on target and I'm not sure many off target.

Thats because they couldnt find the football ground.?

When i was driving aimlessly around the metropolis i was following signs for Crystal Palace at one point before i realised i was heading for the athletics stadium.

32 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thats because they couldnt find the football ground.?

When i was driving aimlessly around the metropolis i was following signs for Crystal Palace at one point before i realised i was heading for the athletics stadium.

Defies logic really that Crystal Palace don't play in Crystal Palace.  Imagine if a team like Nottingham Forest didn't actually play in Not... oh hang on.

In the nineties without sat navs the South Circular was a brute.  On my first trip to find Lewisham I ended up going past the White Hart at New Cross three times.

I only realised because the pub was in need of some tlc with the 'W' missing off the pub sign.  I remember thinking 'There can't be three pubs, all so close, named the Hite Hart' 

8 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Defies logic really that Crystal Palace don't play in Crystal Palace.  Imagine if a team like Nottingham Forest didn't actually play in Not... oh hang on.

Its a nightmare.

Port Vale play in Stoke-on-Trent

Nottingham Forest play in a town called West Bridgeford

its all very confusing.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its a nightmare.

its all very confusing.

I did my Structural Engineering degree with a lad who was a Vale fan and who's dad had done all the design work on one or two of their stands. This friendship gave me some key footballing knowledge.  Well at least three things...

1. Port Vale used to have a large amount of space surrounding it that was used predominantly for a Sunday market
  2. The reason that Vale Park had such an amount of space around it was that it was envisaged to be the Wembley of the north / midlands
  3. Port Vale are named after a pub

Unfortunately I am unable to shed any light on why you would call a pub the 'Port Vale'.

38 minutes ago, Quangy said:

??? me and Phil work together 99% of the time. No animosity between us. We help each other out on a weekly basis with shirts. Got a top friendship. But neither of us can afford that ducker ???

He’s told you that hasn’t he? ?

On 23/09/2020 at 23:10, uttoxram75 said:

Its a nightmare.

its all very confusing.

Derby used to play football in a baseball ground...

Cricket at a racecourse.

Now I'm not too sure what they do in a Park called Pride!

Archived