Season Ticket Refunds

JG400

We emailed the club about the fact we had received Preston refunds with no mention of season ticket refunds, and the club have responded fairly promptly to say that the refunds are taking place in batches and our ST refunds will be in a future batch (no timescale given.)

Just wanted to let people know as I think that is more reassuring than the emails that were sent out with the partial refunds.

I got an email about my sons rams squad membership saying I can keep it and have the possibility of getting a ticket whilst we have the Tier 1/2/3 situation or a full refund. 

No mention of what happens to the seat next season or not so had to email.

Still no update regards my 10% refund for this seasons season ticket

Edited by DCFC1388

On 12/12/2020 at 20:37, Footymum2017 said:

Had the refunds for my 2 children’s season tickets, cheques made payable to them! That’s handy ?

It's very annoying. Going to be very difficult to cash them. The refund should have been made to whoever purchased them. Almost was if they wanted to make it difficult for them to be cashed.

3 hours ago, David said:

Just to throw another possibility out there, it could just be an admin error which do happen, quick email or call to the club would sort the issue?

They have done it for both children, so it's not just a one off!  Have you tried to get in contact with the club?  I've got better things to do with my time than sit in a queueing system and get charged 13p a minute for the privilege ?

4 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

They have done it for both children, so it's not just a one off!  Have you tried to get in contact with the club?  I've got better things to do with my time than sit in a queueing system and get charged 13p a minute for the privilege ?

Drop them an email ticket.office@dcfc.co.uk

Others in this topic have and received fairly quick replies. Obviously an error somewhere which can be rectified 

Anyone else still waiting?

Not had my refund or my child’s. 9 months is a long time. I can’t understand why there is no explanation and emails just get a standard response.

A lot of good will is getting lost. A simple email of explanation would have been nice but I guess the club can only send bulk emails trying to sell us things rather than a clarification of the current position.

I know that Forest fans are in a similar position and, nosing around the Millwall forum after kneegate, they seem to have had no refund or explanation either. 

Undoubtedly these are really hard times for football clubs but it seems that ignoring your fan base and not affording them the courtesy of an explanation is a pretty poor long term strategy and wouldn’t cost them anything.

4 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Not had my refund or my child’s. 9 months is a long time. I can’t understand why there is no explanation and emails just get a standard response.

A lot of good will is getting lost. A simple email of explanation would have been nice but I guess the club can only send bulk emails trying to sell us things rather than a clarification of the current position.

I know that Forest fans are in a similar position and, nosing around the Millwall forum after kneegate, they seem to have had no refund or explanation either. 

Undoubtedly these are really hard times for football clubs but it seems that ignoring your fan base and not affording them the courtesy of an explanation is a pretty poor long term strategy and wouldn’t cost them anything.

I contacted finance about another matter and mentioned that I was waiting for my refund. They said that I wasn’t on their list. I re-sent the email confirmation to the ticket office and they confirmed that I should be on the list and it will get paid.

Not had it yet (about two weeks ago). 

Might be worth dropping them a line in case they have an admin oversight on yours too. 

On 22/12/2020 at 09:41, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Yes I'm still waiting.

Numerous emails sent and looking ever more likely to be 2021 before I get my money back. That will be nearly 11 months !

17 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Yes I'm still waiting.

Numerous emails sent and looking ever more likely to be 2021 before I get my money back. That will be nearly 11 months !

Except it won’t be nearly 11 months. We didn’t complete for the forms until June/July. You’ve got until May 2021 until you get to 11 months ?

I’m just sticking up for the club, they are processing them and I’m sure you’ll get yours soon.

1 hour ago, YoxallRam said:

Except it won’t be nearly 11 months. We didn’t complete for the forms until June/July. You’ve got until May 2021 until you get to 11 months ?

I’m just sticking up for the club, they are processing them and I’m sure you’ll get yours soon.

You may not have completed the forms until June / July but my family renewed on the first available date which was February 29th 2020. 

5 hours ago, Charlie George said:

You may not have completed the forms until June / July but my family renewed on the first available date which was February 29th 2020. 

Before the pandemic. Before we knew spectators wouldn’t be allowed back...

Anyway, you’re talking about this seasons season ticket. You might get a ticket for a game if we ever move down a tier.