Rooney’s Finishing

DazaDunn

Waghorn missed loads and loads of easy chances, but we didn't create enough goalscoring opportunities, but Waghorn missed loads and loads of easy chances, but we didn't create enough goalscoring opportunities, but Waghorn missed loads and loads of easy chances, but we didn't create enough goalscoring opportunities, but Waghorn missed loads and loads of easy chances, but we didn't create enough goalscoring opportunities, but Waghorn missed loads and loads of easy chances, but we didn't create enough goalscoring opportunities, but Waghorn missed loads and loads of easy chances, 

Can someone turn me off and turn me on again please?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/09/2020 at 18:33, DazaDunn said:

Got into a conversation the other day. Has wazza lost his shooting ability? Other than dead ball situations, any chance he’s had seems to have ended up with him finishing like a centre back.

Had a chance within the first few minutes at Luton and just seemed to swing his leg at it, vintage wazza would have buried that. I look at his open play goals which isn’t many but even his first at Luton last season was IMO a weak shot deflected into the top corner.

just a thought and wanted to see if anyone else had picked up on it?

Fully agree. Since he joined us he has had a fair few chances and never looked remotely convincing or instinctive when trying to convert them. A little disappointing from England's all time leading scorer. 

Of course Rooney contributes in other ways but I'd love him to find his shooting boots from somewhere as it would make a big difference to the threat the team carries.

• 3 weeks later...

If Holmes had played him in when he had the chance it could all have been so much different.

we’d all be getting legless celebrating a truly remarkable......draw. 

Archived