Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

Big and strong. Good size at 6ft 3. Got pace and can turn and run with it.

Underrated player as people will just look at his goals scored.

He reminds me of Lucas joao or Diedou (at bristol cant spell his name)

He will bring a physical approach to a front 3 and if being used as a main focal point, not a 5 mins here or there or shoved out on the wing, I think he will score goals.

Interesting one this.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has all the physical attributes to be a top performer as a big number 9. Was playing up front and leading the line well late last season when Wesley was out. Played his part to keep Villa up. So if we can buy at a relatively cheap price noting he is entering the final year of his contract at Villa, I would be pleased that we have another good young player on our books, and the kind of player who will unsettle a good few defenders in the Championship.

Note for the internet hipsters: Creating a good competitive football team is not all about having a high scoring no. 9. 

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’m sure I heard Eric Steele talking about him on the radio. Said he was fantastic as a defensive forward but could not finish. I suppose though with Ibe and Joz on the wings, with them both maybe cutting in, he would be the perfect CF 

You beat me to it lol.... I was sure I'd heard the same... Steele talk a hell of a lot of sense so if he thinks he's do a job... Then im prepared to back it 100%

I really dont know how many times people are going to write off a striker because of his scoring record.

Have we really learnt nothing from Chris Martin? Stats were poor before he joined us and not all that great whilst out on loan, I know he had his medical condition but still not great.

Sometimes players just fit into a team and suit the style of play. Martin did so maybe Davis, Zohore or whoever else we get linked to and sign will just fit into our team.

We want someone tall, strong, mobile with a good physical presence. So if he ticks these boxes then he suits what we need and what Cocu wants. Also, these types of players dont always have great scoring stats.

7 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Completely see your point... however when I look at our team, this is the most important signing for us. Can we afford to risk signing someone in hope that they start finding the net.

I’d personally rather have someone like Austin who knows where the net is. I’m not saying Austin is the right player, but he certainly knows where the net is. 

So you’d rather us go for old, immobile donkey that WBA fans didn’t rate last year? Clearly isn’t what Cocu, or any number of us lot, want. 

6 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think Phil's "given" criteria on signings maybe something like :

a. Are they cheap (fee & contract wise)

b. Are they available. (unattached or not wanted by their club)

c. Will they come. (not likely to play where they are)

d. Are they any good (open to interpretation)

Or just someone unloved.

Isn’t this the same for about 95% of all clubs?!

5 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Completely see your point... however when I look at our team, this is the most important signing for us. Can we afford to risk signing someone in hope that they start finding the net.

I’d personally rather have someone like Austin who knows where the net is. I’m not saying Austin is the right player, but he certainly knows where the net is. 

I don’t think we can afford the finished article to be honest, and it will be a young striker on loan Davis or another. a striker like Davis could be the player who brings goals to the rest of the team, including possibly Marriott and also score a few himself in the championship.

7 minutes ago, KBB said:

Big and strong. Good size at 6ft 3. Got pace and can turn and run with it.

Underrated player as people will just look at his goals scored.

He reminds me of Lucas joao or Diedou (at bristol cant spell his name)

He will bring a physical approach to a front 3 and if being used as a main focal point, not a 5 mins here or there or shoved out on the wing, I think he will score goals.

Interesting one this.

I would like to see him in a Rams shirt, he’s the attributes that we are looking for. 
With good service there will be plenty of chances created for him and Jack or Bobby Duncan. 
Hopefully this gets done, we need an option upfront with height, power and pace and this dude ticks those boxes for me  ???????

I've never seen this kid so cant really judge but looking at what people have said and his size he looks like he might be just what we need as others have said.

I thought the number of crosses in on Saturday was much improved so we just need someone to cause trouble and stick em in :)

He is a striker with a very poor goal scoring rate, going off google/wiki, yet he is often around the first team picture of a premier league team, which suggests he has something about him.

There are lots of examples of strikers who can have mediocre careers for years before having a really prolific season and then stocks rise massively, Sylvain Ebanks-Blake, Chopra, Sam Vokes, Chris....Iwelumo.

Just because he hasnt been able to put it away in the Prem on his cameo appearances doesnt mean he cant come and have a big season for us.

One thing I'm loving about this window, we seem to getting players on the cheap who could go onto having massive pre-sale values, all being well.

Archived