Scott Malone

Tiverton Ram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be any number of reasons which we will never know. Joiners, general attitude, gum chewing, wouldnt wear sleeves properly, didnt get on with Rammie, huge wages / who knows but there was something he's gone and that's it. Cant remember many positive posts about him before he left.

We let him go because we had too many left backs, and he wasn’t anywhere near the team. Simple really. I doubt we knew Lowe was leaving at that point either. But we still have Forsyth and Buchanan, the numbers are enough. It’s whether there’s enough quality that’s the problem. Malone certainly wouldn’t have fixed that issue.

1 hour ago, Tiverton Ram said:

I'm still a bit confused why we let Malone go, if Max Lowe was going to be leaving. Just a thought.

He wasn’t very good, his wages are too high and we weren’t going to select him and it’s a shame we paid £3 million for him 

19 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Is this like how Jamie Paterson suddenly became the answer after he left having had one good game for us? I’ll expect a thread about Kieran Dowell next.

Think he only played that full match, maybe two.  Dowell had about 7 bites at the cherry.  Paterson would have been a good player for us but has the same role as Lawrence and cannot play a static role. In fact Lawrence should watch a few videos of him regarding creating space off the striker and he would improve his arsenal for certain teams that set up with a defensive midfielder or man marker.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He wasn’t very good, his wages are too high and we weren’t going to select him and it’s a shame we paid £3 million for him 

He was a gamble.  Some places he did very well, others he looks like he can't kick a ball.  He is to full backs what Jewell was to management. Once he made the move to looking like sick boy from trainspotting he was done.

I don't like players like Malone much. Not because he's bad because he isn't actually that bad. But he's stupid. 

His mistakes are memorable because he's stupid. He solves everything with a bucket load of aggression at 100mph. That will never change in an experienced player. 

If there's nowhere to go and you're out of options then Malone will give you a free kick. 

If you feel him charging at you with your back to goal? Oh he'll hit you. Be ready to fall over in 3,2,1

He's tricked into every trap a team/player could possibly play on him. Feign a shot? He's sold

But with the ball and if the ball is actually there to be won then I thought he was OK.

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No, it went wrong with Stefan Schnoor leaving.

I genuinely don’t think we have replaced Chris Powell yet. I Can remember that the season we finished 8th I thought that Powell could be improved upon if we were to finish top 6. We duly replaced with with Schnoor(the only German who misses penalties) and then Dorigo, who weren’t a patch on him. 

Have we had a better left back since? I can’t think of one.  Camara, Jay Mc, Vincent, Roberts, Kilbane, sure I remember us playing Eddie Lewis there one game FFS...Forsyth has probably been the best.

Bit depressing really. 

I think Fosyth was a bit of a beast for a while. Very fast, very strong, very good in the air, stays on his feet. His passing is either amazing or awful. He used to fire balls through midfield into strikers feet and put in very tasty crosses. Admittedly he would also miss the target by 20m and put a cross straight onto Janet's head sometimes. 

Thing now is he's slow off the mark. Injuries or age? Quick once he gets going but players can get the ball out of their feet and do something while his heels are planted. 

One of my favourite players of the last 10 years. Complete professional. Top bloke. Best LB in... yeah,@Steve Buckley’s Dog said a long time.

16 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I genuinely don’t think we have replaced Chris Powell yet. I Can remember that the season we finished 8th I thought that Powell could be improved upon if we were to finish top 6. We duly replaced with with Schnoor(the only German who misses penalties) and then Dorigo, who weren’t a patch on him. 

Have we had a better left back since? I can’t think of one.  Camara, Jay Mc, Vincent, Roberts, Kilbane, sure I remember us playing Eddie Lewis there one game FFS...Forsyth has probably been the best.

Bit depressing really. 

Not really.  When we signed Powell though he was shocking for a month or so.  Think it took him a while to grow into a bigger club.  A big step from 4k crowds to 18.  He actually found his feet in the first prem season and was excellent.  Did he want to move back to London because his wife wanted to be near her family in Lambeth.

Schnoor seemed a very arrogant fella from interviews . His parting shot when he left was that he never had a fair go as Smith hated Germans.

33 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Bit depressing really. 

Can add Boertien, Zavagno, Dorigo and an out of position Jackson too. God we’ve had poor left backs. 

I agree with Forsyth, probably the best since Powell. 

Odd really when you think of the standard at right back, it’s been pretty decent since Jacob Laursen (same era as Powell)

We haven’t sold him, unless there is an agreed fee that hasn’t been made public yet, so it’s clearly not a we received an offer to good to refuse here.

He just isn’t in his plans and agree with him or not, Forsyth and Buchanan are ahead of Malone in the pecking order. 

Let’s not forget Shinnie was a left back before being converted, so it’s not as if we don’t have cover.

You would also assume Millwall are paying a percentage of his wages which helps lower the wage bill for us.

Archived