Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

The form over the last ten Championship matches is won two, lost eight. 
Clearly if we’re to continue in this vein then it’s league one here we come. 
Lamouche’s record was similar and look what happened to him. 

Given an endless supply of new players, no budget restrictions, had an entire season with no major injuries to his key players, still couldn't achieve anything and subsequently sacked?

If you're going to make comparisons, at least make sure they hold together better than the Tesco value sheet of toilet paper you've just stuck your finger through while wiping your arse.

 

Edited by Coconut
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Given an endless supply of new players, no budget restrictions, had an entire season with no major injuries to his key players, still couldn't achieve anything and subsequently sacked?l

If you're going to make comparisons, at least make sure they hold together better than the Tesco value sheet of toilet paper you've just stuck your finger through while wiping your arse.

 

That has literally made me laugh out loud.  But I may be a little drunk!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

The form over the last ten Championship matches is won two, lost eight. 
Clearly if we’re to continue in this vein then it’s league one here we come. 
Lamouche’s record was similar and look what happened to him. 

Just typical Derby, wait until all the decent unemployed managers have gone and then pull the trigger. We are going nowhere under this pillock, change Now and at least avoid the indignity of the old third division.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Marriott can't play as a lone striker, are you expecting Cocu to adapt his whole system and footballing style to accommodate 1 underperforming player who also has been rumoured to have a questionable attitude?

What about the players he's improved- Bird, Knight, Clarke, Buchanan, bringing Martin out the cold?

Football is about scoring goals to win a game.....I honestly think if a team had been built to accommodate Marriott he would score goals, which would make him happy, and then he wouldn't have an attitude.......I honestly don't believe all this injury lark, I feel alot of the time it's an excuse to not play him.....his parting shot at Derby upon his loan to Wednesday sounds to me that he's buzzing to get away from here and raring to play football, to me they are the words of a fit, enthusiastic player that can't wait to be given the game time he wants.....I would imagine Wednesday were not the only team in for him, but if they told him  how they want to play, and how he would be pivotel to that style, that he would get the service and a player up top with him he could feed off, pretty sure that would convince him..........we are 10 points ahead of Wednesday, I honestly think the way we are going, it won't be long before we are on level pegging, and Marriott will be responsible, I hope I'm wrong, but I really can see Jack going there and scoring for fun..........so in short "Yes" I think we should have built a team around Marriott, the 1 he is building now ain't working

Edited by BriggRam
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dantheram said:

Can those who want this utter f@*kw&t out of our club start to form some sort of resistance before we’re consigned to league 1? The bloke is inept, get a short term leader in who can work with what he has, rather than this stupid Dutch Bamford who can’t work with anything. 

Stay classy mate! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, G-Ram said:

If we have 'some of the best young talent around' matt clarke one of the best defenders in the division, wayne Rooney, the polish winger and so on. Then why are we not winning football matches 🤷‍♂️

 

Because the manager cannot get the best out of them and i think will not adapt his tactics in order to get results. 

I personally think the squad is good (apart from the LB and striker position) yet under Cocu i don't see it working. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dantheram said:

Can those who want this utter f@*kw&t out of our club start to form some sort of resistance before we’re consigned to league 1? The bloke is inept, get a short term leader in who can work with what he has, rather than this stupid Dutch Bamford who can’t work with anything. 

I can’t think of anything worse than a “short term leader” 🤮

Sounds to me like another Ledley and Huddlestone midfield two which makes me feel very queasy

Cocu is doing a decent job under trying circumstances. Results will definitely improve, we were unlucky today 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If we have 'some of the best young talent around' matt clarke one of the best defenders in the division, wayne Rooney, the polish winger and so on. Then why are we not winning football matches 🤷‍♂️

 

Because we have 5 or 6 players unavailable currently, let’s see how we do when they are all fit....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Coconut said:

Given an endless supply of new players, no budget restrictions, had an entire season with no major injuries to his key players, still couldn't achieve anything and subsequently sacked?

If you're going to make comparisons, at least make sure they hold together better than the Tesco value sheet of toilet paper you've just stuck your finger through while wiping your arse.

 

The comparison is in the results on the pitch. 
Do you think that extenuating circumstances are ever taken into account when giving the manager the bullet? Get real. 
Oh, and my big paper is significantly better than the one that you use. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The comparison is in the results on the pitch. 
Do you think that extenuating circumstances are ever taken into account when giving the manager the bullet? Get real. 
Oh, and my big paper is significantly better than the one that you use. 

Clearly, yes, because otherwise Cocu would have been sacked in November 2019 when there were already a number of people frothing at the mouth!

Edited by Coconut
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Clearly, yes, because otherwise Cocu would have been sacked in November 2019 when there were already a number of people frothing at the mouth!

That particular period was nothing like the one we are going through now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dantheram said:

Just typical Derby, wait until all the decent unemployed managers have gone and then pull the trigger. We are going nowhere under this pillock, change Now and at least avoid the indignity of the old third division.  

We're getting Rooney and Gregory in don't you read the transfer gossip 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

That particular period was nothing like the one we are going through now. 

7 games between 26 November & 26 December 

4 defeats, 3 draws, 3 goals scored, 11 conceded

Yeah, not even remotely similar. The only thing is I should have said December, not November.

Edited by Coconut
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Football is about scoring goals to win a game.....I honestly think if a team had been built to accommodate Marriott he would score goals, which would make him happy, and then he wouldn't have an attitude.......I honestly don't believe all this injury lark, I feel alot of the time it's an excuse to not play him.....his parting shot at Derby upon his loan to Wednesday sounds to me that he's buzzing to get away from here and raring to play football, to me they are the words of a fit, enthusiastic player that can't wait to be given the game time he wants.....I would imagine Wednesday were not the only team in for him, but if they told him  how they want to play, and how he would be pivotel to that style, that he would get the service and a player up top with him he could feed off, pretty sure that would convince him..........we are 10 points ahead of Wednesday, I honestly think the way we are going, it won't be long before we are on level pegging, and Marriott will be responsible, I hope I'm wrong, but I really can see Jack going there and scoring for fun..........so in short "Yes" I think we should have built a team around Marriott, the 1 he is building now ain't working

Players of Marriott's stature don't tend to do well in 433s as they quickly become isolated. Think you're overreacting here, Marriott was a good player and I do really like him but he never showed it for more than a month at a time. He had that brilliant purple patch before xmas under Lampard and then obviously the leeds game but apart from that he's not done enough to demonstrate he's worth building a team around. I think many, such as yourself perhaps, saw these moments and got carried away with his potential and the player he could be, rather than what's on display.

We're not gonna play with 2 upfront anytime soon so Marriott is better off playing at Wednesday. Also, of course he was gonna seem excited to be there, not like he was gonna act non-plussed when he's trying to impress a new set of fans 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.