Kamil Jóźwiak

Andicis

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

Stop it !
Subversives like you will be sent to Siberia ( or the city Ground if you prefer - we believe in offering deviants, choices in their treatment program  ) 

In many ways, exile to Siberia may well be considered the kind of soft hearted woolly liberal reformist non-justice that sickens readers of the daily mail when they read that instead, the undesirable elements could be sentenced to attending the city ground. 

"Bloody holiday camps the Siberian gulags, if we can't hang em, next best thing is making em watch forest until they prey for the noose... political correctness gone mad...or was it health and safety gone mad...I get confused...and now I'm angry"

20 hours ago, Srg said:

No, more like Yoos-vyak. 

Listen to Owen Bradley pronounce it on RamsTV, he’s got it down. 

I appreciate that, given I had about 20 messages/tweets on Saturday telling me I was getting it wrong, all suggesting something different instead! 

I'll trust people who've spoken to him in person and more than likely asked him himself, unless Owen's trolling us all.

I'm not sure if no news is good new or no news is bad news regarding his injury. pooping it tbh. I remember when we brought Thorne in as the final piece of the jigsaw, when the extent of his injury was announced I felt genuine despair, loss and grief! Headbutted a door.☺️

1 hour ago, ramit said:

According to this site, it is pronounced Kamil Jazwiak

https://www.howtopronounce.com/kamil-jóźwiak

The "w" is pronounced "v" according to my polish friends and colleagues.

As an aside, there seems a bit of interest in DCFC from the Polish community, potential untapped support base in Derby with 2 or 3 Polish internationals in and around the squad.

So far from a Polish friend, I've learnt:

A 'j' is pronounced as a 'y' 

'z' is like the 'je' in the french phrase je ne sais quoi (only way i can think to describe it, like 'sh' but harsher sounding) 

'w' is pronounced as a 'v' 

J - pronounced y like yoghurt 

ó - pronounced oo like in choose

ź - no sound like this in English. It's a zh sound, slightly rasping by pulling the tongue up to the roof of the mouth

w - pronounced v like violin

i - pronounced ee like cheek

ak - pronounced ack like black

Source - Polish wife.

Archived