Kamil Jóźwiak

Andicis

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

You keep posting mate, you make some great points, us normal balanced fans need to keep this place alive. 

I am going on record now to say, we have a good squad, who will be top 6, by the end of the season. Love some of the football we played yesterday, players back, a bit of luck  and we will be flying in no time at all. 

Last season so many people were very impolite when I'd mention how we have a good squad. People were genuinely claiming that 12+ clubs in the Championship had better squads. 

I just do not like the default excuse some people have of we're poo and we need 3/4 players. All the time. 

I agree with the sentiment. We have a squad good enough to make the top 6 and will challenge for it. 

5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

You keep posting mate, you make some great points, us normal balanced fans need to keep this place alive. 

I am going on record now to say, we have a good squad, who will be top 6, by the end of the season. Love some of the football we played yesterday, players back, a bit of luck  and we will be flying in no time at all. 

I read Schmokes post and thought I agreed ...I can’t be arsed to the point I was going to delete my profile but it is posters like you and Schmokes that make me realise it’s still a good balanced debate at times on here ....nothing to do with agreeing with everyone as that would be boring and not a proper forum ...but balance and sensible debate...some on here are never happy no matter what and always find things to criticise ...I too thought we played some nice football at times yesterday and with Lawrence Waghorn Ibe and a new striker think we’ll be a team to fear ...I thought Byrne was very good yesterday as was Jozwiak but was dissapointed with Fozzy for the second goal ...but I like the football we play when the tempo is upped and like Cocu as he seems a decent man 

18 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How do you know? He plays on the right for Poland.

Because he says it in his first interview - around 1:40. Winger who can play on both sides, but prefers the left side. We can argue about a lot of things on here, but this isn't one of them.

I think most wise players can play either side these days. They’ll have a preferred side based on whether they like to cut inside and pass/shoot or get down outside and put in a cross.

Kamil looks comfortable on either side which is beneficial to us and the small squad size we need to adhere to keep us within FFP measures. Players we’ve used wide in recent seasons haven’t been as versatile and leads us to having a very easy to read and counter attacking style.

I imagine that we will ask him to switch sides in most games if we are having trouble breaking down defences.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

..but it doesn't translate to us playing him "out of position" as was claimed

He's playing out of position in the sense that his preferred position is on the left. He can play on the right, but Max Lowe could play on both sides as well. They both do an alright job on the other side, but they don't it as well as their natural position. 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

He's playing out of position in the sense that his preferred position is on the left. He can play on the right, but Max Lowe could play on both sides as well. They both do an alright job on the other side, but they don't it as well as their natural position. 

Lowe has only played at RB for a handful of games in his entire life. A better example would be choosing Johnny Russell. 

11 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Cheers DB mate, much obliged. Think I was having a bit of a paddy yesterday so the handwringers are stuck with me a while longer whether they like it or not ?

Also agree absolutely with your assessment. Loads left in the tank and I'm finally coming to realise that some folk just see what they want to see anyway. As they did last season and every season, they'll go missing when the results improve anyway and that won't be too far down the road.

Cocu has my full support for at least this season. If we're making no progress at the end of the year then fair enough, some questions will doubtless be asked but until I've seen him put out a side in his image and fail, I shan't be jumping on the 'he doesn't know what he's doing' bandwagon. So premature to suppose he's not up to it. We were sublime at times last season, as good as under Mac 1 despite all the madness that unfolded. Shore up the defence, get 2 or 3 more in and try and keep key personnel fit, find some consistency. If we can achieve these aims, even in part, we'll fly up this league. 

1 hour ago, I8Forest78 said:

Anybody got any update on his injury??Hoping and praying that it isnt serious as he looked very impressive on his debut!!

Wondering the same. Presumably he’ll be being looked at today to see what the damage is? Hopefully we’ll have an update later today. Massively keeping fingers crossed it’s just a knock. Feeling a bit pessimistic though based our previous experience with Thorne and Bielik ?

On 19/09/2020 at 21:29, Derbados said:

I agree, he did and as I said he was a breath of fresh air

but my main point still stands, I see nothing from our style of play that suggests to me that will continue in the long term. 

Use Sibley as an example, deadly last season but now teams have worked out he’s our best player so they stick a man on him and he’s been neutralised because our style of play isn’t forward thinking enough to be able to release him into pockets of space, it’s to cautious so he remains marked out of the game 

same will happen with Jozwiak 

Don't agree at all.

Once we have another winger like Ibe we can keep switching the flanks to exploit defences, get a striker upfront that can hold it up and all of a sudden teams can't contain us it isn't physically possible. Sibley, Ibe, Jozwiak, Byrne and Buchanan bombing on plus a striker you can't double up on them all the time. That's why the style of play doesn't work at the moment, we don't have the personnel available.

One of the things I used to like about Mac 1 days was Ward and Russell swapping sides every 15-20 minutes. Really gave the opposition full back something to think about. I’m hoping to see this with Kamil and fingers crossed Ibe. 

The lad looked really good, positive in his play and did well for the goal. Hopefully the injury was just an impact injury and he will be ok 

Archived