Kamil Jóźwiak

Andicis

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Boycie said:

He a Johny Russell with an end product and close control.

Russell had more than enough end product for this division tbf,  his form/productivity (& his reputation) suffered massively in his last couple of seasons for us though as a a result playing in the same side as that unmentionable Stoke player.

Jozwiak is a lovely player to watch but in terms of pure individual output (actual 'end product'), he's got a way to go to match either of those players.

The thing  is though that those stats don't really matter and shouldn't be the entire judgement of a winger - what matters is whether he make us a better team, complements & helps bring out the best of the rest of the players without us having to build the team around him ? The answer to that is yes, undoubtedly.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Russell had more than enough end product for this division tbf,  his form/productivity (& his reputation) suffered massively in his last couple of seasons for us though as a a result playing in the same side as that unmentionable Stoke player.

Jozwiak is a lovely player to watch but in terms of pure individual output (actual 'end product'), he's got a way to go to match either of those players.

The thing  is though that those stats don't really matter and shouldn't be the entire judgement of a winger - what matters is whether he make us a better team, complements & helps bring out the best of the rest of the players without us having to build the team around him ? The answer to that is yes, undoubtedly.

Agree on the end product but had you out Jozwiak into those Mac teams i think you’d see an incredible player with a far better goals/assist output.

19 hours ago, roboto said:

I like the fact that he has the confidence to do his tricks and turns and they're coming off. His favourite is to cut inside by back-heeling it behind him to his left, leaving the defender going the wrong way. Worked a couple of times last night including when he set up Knight with that peach of a cross with his UNFAVOURED foot.

Who was the last Derby winger comfortable using both feet like that?

Like the Ronaldo Chop only not quite as refined.

14 hours ago, Coconut said:

Kamil, Sibley and Knight are very difficult to mark so they tie up other opposition players eg wing backs. Shinnie, Bielik and Knight must be our toughest midfield in many years. Biggest surprise for me is Shinnie, he is a workhorse, great tackler, good crosser and plays hard for 95 minutes.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Not sure about him. Seems lightweight and the end product is nine times out of ten poor. 
I think that he’s a confidence player, who at the moment is short of it. 

Still looked our most lively player......Shinnie was the stand out poor player today for me....

dont get why people are quick to slate him. He works hard defensively and is about the only person on the pitch that trys to create something going forward. I think people need to look more at our central midfielders who create NOTHING at all in terms of attacking intent. We desperately need someone in the middle of the parks whos going to pick a forward pass. 17 goals in 27 games is depressing. 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Thought he was just about the worst player tonight and that is saying something..!! 

thought it was his best game in the last 5.  Looked better on a flatter pitch, still very poor and I wonder whether he is homesick

Archived