Kamil Jóźwiak

Andicis

Whilst we wait to hear about his injury (hopefully it's only a knock), he was brilliant today wasn't he? Great assist, he was quick, direct, turned both of their full backs inside out today. Considering this is without many training sessions and without knowing his teammates, he looks some player to me. Seems to have everything we've been missing. Worked really hard to track back too. He's absolutely critical to our season. So excited to see more.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Whilst we wait to hear about his injury (hopefully it's only a knock), he was brilliant today wasn't he? Great assist, he was quick, direct, turned both of their full backs inside out today. Considering this is without many training sessions and without knowing his teammates, he looks some player to me. Seems to have everything we've been missing. Worked really hard to track back too. He's absolutely critical to our season. So excited to see more.

Let’s hope he is ok. Be sickening if he is out for a long period....

He was fantastic, a proper breath of fresh air

but after watching him rip their defender a new one I suddenly got a cold, sick feeling in my stomach. . . 

part of me can’t help but think that he’s going to have his attacking flair swiftly coached out of him and in no time be stopping, turning and passing back into the midfield rather than take his man on. 

I like Cocu, he seems like a proper gentleman, but I Just don’t agree with his footballing philosophy and I Honestly think he’s taking the team backwards. I don’t think it’s long before Jozwiak becomes a sterile, cautious and robotic player like the rest of them either 

7 minutes ago, Derbados said:

He was fantastic, a proper breath of fresh air

but after watching him rip their defender a new one I suddenly got a cold, sick feeling in my stomach. . . 

part of me can’t help but think that he’s going to have his attacking flair swiftly coached out of him and in no time be stopping, turning and passing back into the midfield rather than take his man on. 

I like Cocu, he seems like a proper gentleman, but I Just don’t agree with his footballing philosophy and I Honestly think he’s taking the team backwards. I don’t think it’s long before Jozwiak becomes a sterile, cautious and robotic player like the rest of them either 

You think he’s brought in a player like Jozwiak so he can pass backwards. Ok ?

3 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

You think he’s brought in a player like Jozwiak so he can pass backwards. Ok ?

He’s already playing him out of position, he prefers playing on the left so we stick him on the right 

what makes you think he won’t be asked to adapt to a specific game plan?

1 minute ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Then you’ll have seen that he played very positive, attractive football on the left wing.

I agree, he did and as I said he was a breath of fresh air

but my main point still stands, I see nothing from our style of play that suggests to me that will continue in the long term. 

Use Sibley as an example, deadly last season but now teams have worked out he’s our best player so they stick a man on him and he’s been neutralised because our style of play isn’t forward thinking enough to be able to release him into pockets of space, it’s to cautious so he remains marked out of the game 

same will happen with Jozwiak 

It was an excellent debut. Only his first game at a proper level so we shouldn’t get too excited, but he certainly looked promising. He finally added some pace in the team! He was strong, skillful, direct and actually seemed likely to create something in the final third. Pretty much everything we’ve been missing and crying out for over the past few games. So naturally he goes and does his knee in. At other clubs that might just be a knock, here he’ll be almost certainly out for the rest of the season. It’s the Derby Way.

42 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Here's a revolutionary thought for you

Players like Jozwiak are the very foundation of what is required for Cocu's football philosophy to work.

His philosophy isn't what you think and claim it to be, and you misunderstand it because, so far, he's been lacking the right players, those who would form the very foundation of it.

Also Jozwiak prefers the left, but he had good success playing on BOTH wings last season at Poznan.

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If he's come out after and said he don't think it's bad. I highly doubt he's done his ACL.

Hope so mate, but because he says he don’t think it’s bad doesn’t mean it isn’t, look at Winnall etc carried on because he thought it was just a knock. Guess we will see in the coming days

Archived