Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t mind Clarke being dropped. Wiz deserves to keep the shirt on recent appearances and he was playing well there before the stabbing incident too.

MtW needs minutes to get used to the championship and they need to be at CB and not forced out to the right. Clarke isn’t immune to criticism, it’s a long season and I’m sure he’ll be back starting again when he shows his form from last season.

I think we might see a switch to 3 at the back in the 2nd half if needed. Good to have choices and competition for starting places.

26 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Seems to me that Cocu is trying send out a message to the whole team by dropping both Clarke and Fozzy. For me, both were culpable for that 2nd Luton goal. "Switch off and cost us points and you will be dropped" seems to be the message. 

I doubt it. If he's planning to drop a player if he ever makes a mistake (whether that leads to conceding a goal or failing to score from a good opportunity) then we're going to need a much bigger squad.

All this talk of Clarke being dropped, isn’t it quite possible four games in quick succession off the back of very little pre season is the reason he’s on the bench today? I may have dreamt it but didn’t Cocu say in an earlier presser that it wasn’t ideal for him to be chucked straight in but he didn’t have much other choice at the time. Might be wrong but I see this more rotation than being dropped.

2 minutes ago, Mos_Ram said:

All this talk of Clarke being dropped, isn’t it quite possible four games in quick succession off the back of very little pre season is the reason he’s on the bench today? I may have dreamt it but didn’t Cocu say in an earlier presser that it wasn’t ideal for him to be chucked straight in but he didn’t have much other choice at the time. Might be wrong but I see this more rotation than being dropped.

He's had a week off though? 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt it. If he's planning to drop a player if he ever makes a mistake (whether that leads to conceding a goal or failing to score from a good opportunity) then we're going to need a much bigger squad.

I get what you're saying but it was poor defending and very basic errors by both of them. Agreed you can't drop everyone for every mistake but when it was as basic as that then he probably felt it was punishable. 

4 minutes ago, Mos_Ram said:

That's a very good point tbf. Now where is that 'has your opinion ever been changed' thread? ?

Archived