Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Mafiabob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/09/2020 at 01:39, Yani P said:

Be good to at least get something here to have the season gather a bit of momentum..only 2 games in so stats mean very little but this is our worst start since we were relegated from the Prem..

As you say though, you can't read too much into stats so early in the season. For example, in 2011/12 we won our first four games and won six out the first eight. Yet, we only managed to finish 12th. Reading by contrast, were champions but only picked up four points from their first six games.

This season seems to be particularly unpredictable without fans and I reckon we've got a few more weeks yet so, we need to hold our nerve if we're not picking up too many points provided there are signs of improvement as well as new players settling in and injured players returning.

Roos

Byrne              Wisdom           Clarke          Forsyth

Rooney                 Bird

Knight                Sibley                  Jozwiak

Club Cat

Assuming Marriott, Holmes, Waghorn, Ibe, Lawrence not fit to play.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Roos

Club Cat

Marriott in for club cat given Cocu has said he should be OK for Saturday, and Marshall for Roos (can't see any reason at all to drop Marshall as he's been signed as our number 1 keeper).

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

As you say though, you can't read too much into stats so early in the season. For example, in 2011/12 we won our first four games and won six out the first eight. Yet, we only managed to finish 12th. Reading by contrast, were champions but only picked up four points from their first six games.

This season seems to be particularly unpredictable without fans and I reckon we've got a few more weeks yet so, we need to hold our nerve if we're not picking up too many points provided there are signs of improvement as well as new players settling in and injured players returning.

I can easily read something into the stats. We are six points adrift, we have no points. We lost to two teams who probably will not make the top six.

Very positive news on the injury front. Didn’t think there was any chance Marriott would be fit for this one given Cocu’s worried comments post match last weekend. Was concerned about Jozwiak too but hopefully that one is ok as well. Holmes being available is an unexpected bonus, might see him start RW while Ibe gets fit.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Roos

Club Cat

I have a feline that Club Cat is the purrfect CF that we have been looking for. 

29 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I can easily read something into the stats. We are six points adrift, we have no points. We lost to two teams who probably will not make the top six.

So, in 2011/12 after four games with 12 points (two of those wins were against teams that went on to reach the play offs) you would have read into the stats that we'd get an automatic promotion place or at the very least play offs?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So, in 2011/12 after four games with 12 points you would have read into the stats that we'd get an automatic promotion place or at the very least play offs?

First two points are facts. Third point is a supposition. Cornick got the last 12 mins against Man. U. I have no supposition on why he was not a starter.

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

First two points are facts. Third point is a supposition. Cornick got the last 12 mins against Man. U. I have no supposition on why he was not a starter.

Not disputing that, I'm just making the pointing out that it's a bit early to be arriving at any sort of supposition. If you're going to then presumably:

2020/21 - Two games, two defeats against teams that you think are not going to be in the play offs (which I agree with)                        supposition = we're not going to get in the top six

2011/12 - Win first four games including against two teams that finish in the top six (fact, not supposition)                                      supposition = we'll get promoted/finish in the top six (didn't happen)?

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Marshall

Byrne - Te Wierik - Clarke - Forsyth

Bird 

Knight - Sibley

Whittaker - JHI - Jozwiak

I do quite like the idea of that midfield and I've still got a sneaking suspicion that could well be our first choice midfield towards the latter end of the season. It's just hard to tell if the three of them are ready for it yet (not saying they aren't but I don't think anyone can know really that isn't watching them day in, day out.). For now I think our best midfield is Rooney, Bird, Sibley in a 4231. The pairing of Rooney and Bird was the backbone of our goodform post xmas, and it was noticeable how much we improved against Luton when they were put back in that combination. I also would back Sibley to start coming to the fore now we are begining to have other actual threats to stretch teams and take some of the focus off him. The team that started second half against Luton I think should be the one from the off against Blackburn. 

My team: Marshall; Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth; Rooney, Bird; Knight, Sibley, Jozwiak; Marriott.

I’d like to see us start with what we had during the second half against Luton last week, when we looked at our most dangerous.

Keep Wisdom in alongside Clarke for as the defence could really do with some continuity. He made some vital interceptions last week and deserves to keep his place in the side. Hopefully we begin to see the partnership we saw grow between him and Clarke post lockdown come to fruition again.

Jozwiak to stay on the left to enable him to cut in on his favoured right foot and Knight on the right, as I thought he and Byrne linked up quite well together.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Zubizeretta

pablo mills   baresi  maldini  danny mills

dowell  platini

rivelino   pele  maradona   anya

SUBS  cruyff, asprilla, brolly biley claude davis

What I would give to even imagine Franco Baresi in a Derby shirt 

Archived