Twitter

CBRammette

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Oh dear. My attempt at creating a supremely ironic post was obviously too subtle for many posters’ brains to understand. Perhaps next time I should write (THIS IS MEANT TO BE IRONIC) 

That would be a great help, good suggestion.

23 hours ago, Coconut said:

Can't stand Twitter.

One of the shittest & most user unfriendly interfaces I've ever seen somehow, unfathomably, became the platform of choice for the biggest hotbed of idiots imaginable.

It's like trying to read RamZone or FootyMad in threaded view, but with half the posts locked off from you and most of the text taken up with hashtags, acronyms and tagging other users, creating impossible to follow conversations inaccessible without a thousand clicks.

That's probably why it's so full of obnoxious twits, they've spent so many hours learning how to navigate the piece of poo correctly that they've had no time for learning anything of real value or intellectual merit, and also failed to learn any decorum, tact or people skills.

Its not just me who can't drive Twitter properly then?

I’ve never used Twitter. I’m pretty nerdy, but social media began and ended with Facebook for me.

I was one of the first on Facebook when it was only for universities in about 2007. Then didn’t get into Twitter, Instagram, have no idea what snap chat is, or tic toc.

Facebook and this forum are where I get all my news from. 

I set up an account once for a business, cos the web developer put a Twitter logo on the home page, so I felt I had to. Just linked it to the Facebook page and then it just mirrored everything I put on there. Never physically touched Twitter after that.

I trust you guys to post anything worth seeing. 

Have to agree on Twitter, it's a pretty vile place at times. Think I finally lost all faith in it when under the Reg Harrison passing announcement, there were comments of #AnnounceJozwiak. Time and a place lads.

I've thrown together a bit of an article from quotes that didn't make the cut for the book, with the likes of Craig Bryson, Andi Weimann and Tomasz Cywka about what it's like to either receive abuse or love from Derby supporters and how they deal with it. Hopefully it gives a bit of an insight that if you are to bad mouth players, at least don't do it directly to them on social media! Nobody wants to see that

https://thederbybook.wordpress.com/2020/09/21/abuse-in-football/

19 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Have to agree on Twitter, it's a pretty vile place at times. Think I finally lost all faith in it when under the Reg Harrison passing announcement, there were comments of #AnnounceJozwiak. Time and a place lads.

I've thrown together a bit of an article from quotes that didn't make the cut for the book, with the likes of Craig Bryson, Andi Weimann and Tomasz Cywka about what it's like to either receive abuse or love from Derby supporters and how they deal with it. Hopefully it gives a bit of an insight that if you are to bad mouth players, at least don't do it directly to them on social media! Nobody wants to see that

Good read that, cheers ?

28 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

I'll admit, I read that aiming to give you a jokey volley of abuse as a response.

Yet again, it's a superbly written article that deserves a more mature response, so I won't.

I can't wait for the book to come out, and I'm not waiting for Christmas either, best of luck with it, should be a bestseller.

45 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'll admit, I read that aiming to give you a jokey volley of abuse as a response.

Yet again, it's a superbly written article that deserves a more mature response, so I won't.

I can't wait for the book to come out, and I'm not waiting for Christmas either, best of luck with it, should be a bestseller.

Go on, I'll allow it!

Thanks Rev, appreciate that and glad you enjoyed the read.

On 20/09/2020 at 20:22, Turk Thrust said:

Oh dear. My attempt at creating a supremely ironic post was obviously too subtle for many posters’ brains to understand. Perhaps next time I should write (THIS IS MEANT TO BE IRONIC) 

Is ironic what Ir'n Bru tastes like.

1 hour ago, HuddersRam said:

Cracking read that. It would be nice to think some of the loud mouths and keyboard warriors would read that and take note, but they'd just say how they pay their money and can say what they want.

On 19/09/2020 at 19:13, David said:

I have hopefully brought a racist tweet to the attention of the SLO to look into tonight, I won't be sharing it on this forum and have kept a screenshot just incase it's deleted now more people have seen and replying to him. 

Now fans are not at the games, watching from home, there is no cooling off period, no beers afterwards to soften the blow of defeat. The Twitter DCFC timeline as you say has as a result become more toxic than ever.

It's such a shame as Twitter was and could be a great tool, now it's just filled with attention seekers looking to go viral with their venom. I have a real love/hate relationship with the place, would love to just close my account but it's one of the best places to see what's going on in the world, especially football world.

We get a hard time on here at times for our rules, but I tell you what the more time I spend on Twitter the more I believe we have it right here and hopefully give you all that platform to voice your opinions away from all that mess.

I deleted Twitter off my phone only a few days ago. It's utterly toxic on so many issues.  There's no debate, no listening to other's views, no respecting a difference of opinion.

People act with venom towards fellow human beings simply because they hold a different view

Some posts on here are a bit like that but not as bad. I apologise if any of my posts have riled as I realise I'm not perfect

The sad thing is that it's not just on social media.  As a society we no longer listen to those of different views. Everything is pushed to extremes. It's all about 'being right'. Which - ironically - is so wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I deleted Twitter off my phone only a few days ago. It's utterly toxic on so many issues.  There's no debate, no listening to other's views, no respecting a difference of opinion.

People act with venom towards fellow human beings simply because they hold a different view

Some posts on here are a bit like that but not as bad. I apologise if any of my posts have riled as I realise I'm not perfect

The sad thing is that it's not just on social media.  As a society we no longer listen to those of different views. Everything is pushed to extremes. It's all about 'being right'. Which - ironically - is so wrong.

Twitter has never been a great place for a debate, even in the earlier days before it became toxic. You were limited to 140 characters a tweet which took you right back to the Nokia 3210 days trying to cram a text in to stay within your limits. 

It’s been extended now but still isn’t enough for any real kind of debate, I don’t think it ever will be really. 

This forum also has it’s faults don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect by any means, but I feel like I have the ability to engage in a real discussion without having to condense my points down. 

This post alone would have needed 3 tweets to reply to you.

8 hours ago, David said:

Twitter has never been a great place for a debate, even in the earlier days before it became toxic. You were limited to 140 characters a tweet which took you right back to the Nokia 3210 days trying to cram a text in to stay within your limits. 

It’s been extended now but still isn’t enough for any real kind of debate, I don’t think it ever will be really. 

This forum also has it’s faults don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect by any means, but I feel like I have the ability to engage in a real discussion without having to condense my points down. 

Yes. You've created an excellent forum. And there are lots of good discussions and the length of post helps.  I'm not criticising you at all

I just think that on all social media, including here, there are some who sneer at people who have a  different take

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

Yes. You've created an excellent forum. And there are lots of good discussions and the length of post helps.  I'm not criticising you at all

I just think that on all social media, including here, there are some who sneer at people who have a  different take

I would completely agree with that

It doesn't stop me using either :) 

On 19/09/2020 at 22:21, Coconut said:

Can't stand Twitter.

One of the shittest & most user unfriendly interfaces I've ever seen somehow, unfathomably, became the platform of choice for the biggest hotbed of idiots imaginable.

It's like trying to read RamZone or FootyMad in threaded view, but with half the posts locked off from you and most of the text taken up with hashtags, acronyms and tagging other users, creating impossible to follow conversations inaccessible without a thousand clicks.

That's probably why it's so full of obnoxious twits, they've spent so many hours learning how to navigate the piece of poo correctly that they've had no time for learning anything of real value or intellectual merit, and also failed to learn any decorum, tact or people skills.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I would never have had a voice.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I would never have started vlogging.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I would never positively affected many lives through my story.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I wouldn’t have driven out and stopped someone going down that awful road to suicide.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I would not been a face of a NHS help service.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I wouldn’t have the influence I have breaking the stigma of addiction.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I would never knew of recovery groups online.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I would never have stepped on anonymous groups worldwide online.

If it wasn’t for Twitter I wouldn’t have the job I do now going round speaking with charities, community groups and schools about the dangers of addiction.

99% of Twitter is ace and full of great people - what saddens me people will always focus on the negatives of it. The tools are there for anyone not to see it. I find it particularly insulting you use “learning of any value or merit”. I’ve probably learned more than ever through twitter what I can apply to what I do..... Don’t think you meant to be here, but you sound a tad flippant and obnoxious about it. 

The good far outweighs the bad on there.

14 hours ago, David said:

It's not set up as a forum for debate I 100% agree with you on that which is part of the reason, in my opinion, it is such a vile, hateful platform.

Archived