Twitter

CBRammette

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. See he has removed it and issued an apology saying not his views,  I don't ever get this especially when he has defended it before deleting it.

I'm sure many of us have posted in anger and maybe regretted our tone,  but to go and look for an image and post it like that isn't a knee jerk response it's a carefully thought out response. 

Nothing else I can add to what has already been said. 

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Unbelievable. See he has removed it and issued an apology saying not his views,  I don't ever get this especially when he has defended it before deleting it.

I'm sure many of us have posted in anger and maybe regretted our tone,  but to go and look for an image and post it like that isn't a knee jerk response it's a carefully thought out response. 

It does represent his views and his apology was only put out because he has realised there might actually be consequences for his actions. 

Plenty of people are quick to say they are entitled to their opinion and it's free speech. Freedom of speech does not equate to freedom of consequence. 

I hope he's never seen at Pride Park again. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It does represent his views and his apology was only put out because he has realised there might actually be consequences for his actions. 

Plenty of people are quick to say they are entitled to their opinion and it's free speech. Freedom of speech does not equate to freedom of consequence. 

I hope he's never seen at Pride Park again. 

I hope he's prosecuted. Hate crime.

10 hours ago, David said:

Has to be said, the reaction to this topic and the post on Twitter has been great to see, sometimes you will have a minority that will try to argue it as being banter, but from what I have seen it's been a 100% stand against the tweet and that it should be dealt with by the club. 

Sad that this should even be said but just thought it was worth mentioning. 

On the flip side nobody who supports and agrees with that view would dare post on this thread, as they would be ripped to shreds. If the forum were a little less representative of normal people and more entrenched in certain views, it wouldn't be socially unacceptable and would be supported more. 

These groups are more common than people may believe. 

10 hours ago, Coconut said:

Can't stand Twitter.

One of the shittest & most user unfriendly interfaces I've ever seen somehow, unfathomably, became the platform of choice for the biggest hotbed of idiots imaginable.

It's like trying to read RamZone or FootyMad in threaded view, but with half the posts locked off from you and most of the text taken up with hashtags, acronyms and tagging other users, creating impossible to follow conversations inaccessible without a thousand clicks.

That's probably why it's so full of obnoxious twits, they've spent so many hours learning how to navigate the piece of poo correctly that they've had no time for learning anything of real value or intellectual merit, and also failed to learn any decorum, tact or people skills.

That's pretty much how I see it.  I rally hate it if I'm honest, and only ever click on a tweet directly from here.  I wouldn't even know how to get on it via any other means!

I only click on it as the posted (on here) tweet only shows the first line or two, and I want to read the complete post/paragraph/article.  Beyond that, I get befuddled to unimaginable proportions, and can't wait to get back off it again!  I have never had an account, so can't see much in the way of responses/replies, but I have to say, I really don't feel like I'm missing out!  (I like to see all responses to virtually all threads on here, with few exceptions.)

Why people can't link to "proper" articles I don't know (Online newspapers, DCFC website etc).  I occasionally find a way (by clicking something or other!) of diverting from twitter to "proper" articles, and it is such a relief when I do! 

As for the tweet highlighted in this particular thread, that is beyond words.  I don't think I'm even capable of describing my first reaction in printed form... not that it's worthy of a response! 
I presume the act of "reporting it" can lead to real life prosecutions, so it's not all bad, I guess!

*I do like a nice hash tag tagline though, even if I don't know what the hell it means, or how it works!... it makes me look cool and trendy!

#saynototwitter

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

He’s not sorry, he’s just sorry he got caught. 

The same sort of ‘fan’ who doesn’t think politics should be brought into football (unless they’re trying to hang draw and quarter a certain player for not wearing a poppy). 

I’m from a typical working class town near Derby and there are lots of similar towns and I really don’t think in the majority of pubs around here that this image would spark outrage. People are stuck in the past and we’re still probably 2 generations away from ridding ourselves of large portions of ignorance that lead to this being seen as acceptable. 

36 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That's pretty much how I see it.  I rally hate it if I'm honest, and only ever click on a tweet directly from here.  I wouldn't even know how to get on it via any other means!

I only click on it as the posted (on here) tweet only shows the first line or two, and I want to read the complete post/paragraph/article.  Beyond that, I get befuddled to unimaginable proportions, and can't wait to get back off it again!  I have never had an account, so can't see much in the way of responses/replies, but I have to say, I really don't feel like I'm missing out!  (I like to see all responses to virtually all threads on here, with few exceptions.)

Why people can't link to "proper" articles I don't know (Online newspapers, DCFC website etc).  I occasionally find a way (by clicking something or other!) of diverting from twitter to "proper" articles, and it is such a relief when I do! 

As for the tweet highlighted in this particular thread, that is beyond words.  I don't think I'm even capable of describing my first reaction in printed form... not that it's worthy of a response! 
I presume the act of "reporting it" can lead to real life prosecutions, so it's not all bad, I guess!

*I do like a nice hash tag tagline though, even if I don't know what the hell it means, or how it works!... it makes me look cool and trendy!

#saynototwitter

#susanalbumparty is the best hash tag ever. 

'Susan album party' or 'sus anal bum party'? You decide. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

#saynototwitter

Agree with most of your post, Mucker, but only on Twitter do you get the instant updates, little goal replays and club snippets I like so much.  For that reason I do stay on there and bring the stuff over here for those of you who are more sensible than me to see, so you don't have to venture onto the dark side!

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Twitter is poison

Some say it’s good such as fundraising but generally all I see is the worst side. Truly is poison.

Too many individuals think they can say what they think with no consequences; I’ll never use Twitter for that reason.

What a inconsiderate old fool. People like that need to lose some rights.

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree with most of your post, Mucker, but only on Twitter do you get the instant updates, little goal replays and club snippets I like so much.  For that reason I do stay on there and bring the stuff over here for those of you who are more sensible than me to see, so you don't have to venture onto the dark side!

It is good for all of those things and so many local groups and so many of my kids clubs etc update on its a must for us. With what I do never usually see this hate unless we lose!

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I’m sure his next step will be to play the victim........it’s usually how his type play the game!

Archived