Twitter

CBRammette

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I check Twitter every once in a while, instantly dismay for the world and have to get off it again before I lose a week calling out all the hateful, bigoted and venomous individuals.

For all its benefits, the internet is a hideous echo chamber and flywheel for warped and hateful agendas and opinions. And it won’t change until there’s less animosity and more repercussions.

for the record I replied to this guy cos this is horrendous and shames our city/club/species.

14 minutes ago, David said:

As Saffy said, it was to another fan having a conversation about the BLM and kneeling before the game, wasn't happy we are still doing it and through that image out which, yeah it's pretty disgusting. Think thats the worst tweet I have seen from one of our fans which is some going.

Oh ok. Just looked logged on to Twitter, first thing that came up retweeted by Duane Holmes. Fook me. No place for that poo.

Sadly social media puts a megaphone into the hands of idiots!

In normal social interactions/situations there would be a reaction or even potential threat if they were to come out with this stuff which holds many of them back.

But there isn’t that social safeguard on social media it allows people like the bloke here to pour out whatever depraved thought enters their heads as the social norms/rules don’t exist

Twitter itself is not the problem. The problem is the fact that there are many racist people among us.

How can someone pretend to support a football team consisting of players of many backgrounds yet be racist. Is he one of those retards from the 80's who didnt count England goals if they were scored by a black player?

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Twitter itself is not the problem. The problem is the fact that there are many racist people among us.

How can someone pretend to support a football team consisting of players of many backgrounds yet be racist. Is he one of those retards from the 80's who didnt count England goals if they were scored by a black player?

As inappropriate as it probably is to have a joke in this thread, your post did make me think of this rather amusing video.

Has to be said, the reaction to this topic and the post on Twitter has been great to see, sometimes you will have a minority that will try to argue it as being banter, but from what I have seen it's been a 100% stand against the tweet and that it should be dealt with by the club. 

Sad that this should even be said but just thought it was worth mentioning. 

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Just been reading some of the toxic vitriol on twitter and in particular some aggressive idiot having a go at Duane re his injury. What makes people think they can be like that and do you really think these sort of people are actually fans of our club? If so they have a funny idea of what being a fan means. How are the sort of comments on there ever going to make our club a better place or encourage people to sign for us? A lot of people are impatient as we see on here and all entitled to opinions but Twitter comments under some official posts and to players make me embarrassed to be a fan. Anyone else feel same?

Easy solution, not difficult to quit tw@tter. I kicked it in to touch a few years ago. Not missing it at all TBH ?

I quit Twitter 2 or 3 years back because I spent the majority of my time on there arguing with the I want it all I want it now Derby "fans" and the people who actually believe the best way to get players to perform better was to rip into them with abuse.

I follow a couple of the DCFC fans pages on facebook and am seriously thinking it's time to knock them on the head after 2 league games.

I think it's time the stocks were put back into town for the people like the racist that posted that tweet.

Can't stand Twitter.

One of the shittest & most user unfriendly interfaces I've ever seen somehow, unfathomably, became the platform of choice for the biggest hotbed of idiots imaginable.

It's like trying to read RamZone or FootyMad in threaded view, but with half the posts locked off from you and most of the text taken up with hashtags, acronyms and tagging other users, creating impossible to follow conversations inaccessible without a thousand clicks.

That's probably why it's so full of obnoxious twits, they've spent so many hours learning how to navigate the piece of poo correctly that they've had no time for learning anything of real value or intellectual merit, and also failed to learn any decorum, tact or people skills.

Bloody awful. The chap needs reporting, no place in our club for that. There's some bad stuff on Twitter but there's some good stuff too. Where else can you find out there's been an explosion in Iran and see footage of it happening live at the same time read amazing feats of brilliance like that major Tom character walk the garden and earn millions for the NHS

I don’t use social medias much anymore, I don’t really post on here as much as I used to. 

But this racist tweet, has seriously seriously pissed me off.

And I’m sorry, but if anyone disagrees with me, block me. Do whatever. I don’t care.

And it’s not just the tweet... It’s also the people complaining when our players take a knee for equality, to support their black brothers and sisters and family.

Every single time our players show unity and take the knee you always get those whom either say that politics should stay out of football, or outright get mardy because they’ve taken the knee for a couple of seconds before a game.

If you’re one of these who have an issue with this, i’ll say this as nicely as possible. duck off.

Racism has no place in football, the sooner people realise that the better.

I just don’t ducking understand how fans, wait no, I can’t even call them fans, let me start again. 

I just don’t understand how individuals can claim to support their team, yet be racist?

How can you claim to support Derby County football club yet can’t support our black players?

It doesn’t make sense!

It really bloody doesn’t!

I’m honestly not arsed if people disagree, but footballers have one of the biggest platforms to voice their opinions and ideas, and if they want to use that to promote equality, and stand against racism, then do it! duck anyone who complains about “politics being brought into football”.

I’ve had friends abused and assaulted just because of the color of their skin. I’ve had a friend considering suicide due to the racism they’ve recieved on a constant basis.

I absolutely love this bloody club, with all my heart. But since we went into lockdown I’ve struggled to love the fanbase. I really have.

I’m not sorry to anyone I’ve offended with this comment. take care x

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Unfortunately it's the same for all clubs, amazes how brazen some of these bigots and racists are to be honest. Don't think the current political climate is helping.

Exactly. If the scumbag had just tweeted about "watermelon smiles", then that would have been fine I guess.

Archived