Twitter

CBRammette

20 minutes ago, David said:

Not great is it. The one thing I will applaud him for is not hiding behind a photo of a player or an egg, should be easily identified on the clubs database to deal with.

Some may look at this and think or say "grass", but this is not right at all, if you can tweet that for the world to see, what would you be willing to shout to players inside the stadium? 

If I really disliked someone, would it be possible to add their photo to a profile and tweet such nonsense to get them in trouble?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s Twitter. It’s like that everywhere on there, not just with football fans. Even I don’t bother with it, and as I’m sure you’re all aware, I’m probably enough of a bamford to fit in on there. The fans handing out that sort of abuse aren’t proper fans, and I hope the players know that. They shouldn’t have to put up with it kind.

No one absolutely no one should ignore this scum, report it and report it at every level, ignoring it makes you part of the problem. Well done those who have already reported it ??

46 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Just been reading some of the toxic vitriol on twitter and in particular some aggressive idiot having a go at Duane re his injury. What makes people think they can be like that and do you really think these sort of people are actually fans of our club? If so they have a funny idea of what being a fan means. How are the sort of comments on there ever going to make our club a better place or encourage people to sign for us? A lot of people are impatient as we see on here and all entitled to opinions but Twitter comments under some official posts and to players make me embarrassed to be a fan. Anyone else feel same?

Isn't being obnoxious is what twitter is there for?  Hear many people complaining about the vile things other people post. So never been inclined to want to be a part of the site.

41 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Just been reading some of the toxic vitriol on twitter and in particular some aggressive idiot having a go at Duane re his injury. What makes people think they can be like that and do you really think these sort of people are actually fans of our club? If so they have a funny idea of what being a fan means. How are the sort of comments on there ever going to make our club a better place or encourage people to sign for us? A lot of people are impatient as we see on here and all entitled to opinions but Twitter comments under some official posts and to players make me embarrassed to be a fan. Anyone else feel same?

It’s not to different to some of the bile that some spew when at the ground too. Best thing to do with these absolute spineless, ignorant oxygen thieves is to treat them with the destain and contempt that they clearly warrant and deserve.  
Im not on Twitter or Facebook etc, a decision I took many many years ago, purely for the reason you describe. 

These posters are TROLLS and have no place in a functional society, hence they sit in their little worlds looking for the most dreadful opinions to create to get under people’s skins and looking for the less intelligent to follow and like.

I don’t know who they support and frankly I don’t care, but attacking our fellow supporters and players can tell you they aren’t Rams. Undoubtedly followers of other spiteful clubs with vile supporters with an axe to grind with anyone who gives them airtime. 
Attention seeking, horrible human beings, I suppose a nicer person would feel sorry for them.... I believe that Karmas a bitch and their time will come in the end. 

Rant over

COME ON YOU RAMS ???

49 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

I don’t think it’s just a Twitter thing though. It’s definitely got worse on here too, I’m afraid.

Its the anonymity of the internet. People will say more on the internet because nobody knows who they are and there are no consequences. Has been like this for as long as people have been able to post things on the internet. No worse now than at any other time. 

I would have to disagree re this forum though - if anything i've felt this forum is more positive than its ever been at the moment.

43 minutes ago, David said:

Not great is it. The one thing I will applaud him for is not hiding behind a photo of a player or an egg, should be easily identified on the clubs database to deal with.

Some may look at this and think or say "grass", but this is not right at all, if you can tweet that for the world to see, what would you be willing to shout to players inside the stadium? 

I wish there were more grasses in life and get rid of the real foul, abusive and racist fans. I wish someone had grassed up the person who threw the chair at Rotherham away a couple of years ago for instance.

Anyway, this tweeter needs a lifetime ban. Let’s hope the club sort this out should he be a member/ST holder.

53 minutes ago, David said:

I have hopefully brought a racist tweet to the attention of the SLO to look into tonight, I won't be sharing it on this forum and have kept a screenshot just incase it's deleted now more people have seen and replying to him. 

Now fans are not at the games, watching from home, there is no cooling off period, no beers afterwards to soften the blow of defeat. The Twitter DCFC timeline as you say has as a result become more toxic than ever.

It's such a shame as Twitter was and could be a great tool, now it's just filled with attention seekers looking to go viral with their venom. I have a real love/hate relationship with the place, would love to just close my account but it's one of the best places to see what's going on in the world, especially football world.

We get a hard time on here at times for our rules, but I tell you what the more time I spend on Twitter the more I believe we have it right here and hopefully give you all that platform to voice your opinions away from all that mess.

As much as I don’t want to, I’m going to slightly disagree saying it was good and could be a great tool. It still very much is.

Problem is as ever, a minority of folk decide to use and abuse it as they see fit. Not just football, politics as well (hard left and hard right different sides of the same turd), some have to have an opinion on absolutely everything. Lots of echo chambers and confirmation bias. However, what I will say and through my work - it is the majority of the time a force for good and decency 

I have said for a couple if years now that twitter is an absolute pit. A thin layer of anonymity or the ability to speak without the risk of being smashed in the face empowers some people to really demonstrate how vile they are. 

Half of the idiots posting crap on there wouldn't dare open their mouths like it in public, and the half that would probably look for trouble anyway. 

If twitter was switched off overnight not much of any value would be lost. 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If twitter was switched off overnight not much of any value would be lost. 

Not true. I go to twitter for a very supportive community for parents of disabled children. The “writing” community on there is also a really nice and supportive place.

Anything sports and celebrity though is a complete dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, David said:

I have hopefully brought a racist tweet to the attention of the SLO to look into tonight, I won't be sharing it on this forum and have kept a screenshot just incase it's deleted now more people have seen and replying to him. 

Now fans are not at the games, watching from home, there is no cooling off period, no beers afterwards to soften the blow of defeat. The Twitter DCFC timeline as you say has as a result become more toxic than ever.

It's such a shame as Twitter was and could be a great tool, now it's just filled with attention seekers looking to go viral with their venom. I have a real love/hate relationship with the place, would love to just close my account but it's one of the best places to see what's going on in the world, especially football world.

We get a hard time on here at times for our rules, but I tell you what the more time I spend on Twitter the more I believe we have it right here and hopefully give you all that platform to voice your opinions away from all that mess.

was it from a Derby fan to one of our lads?

11 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

was it from a Derby fan to one of our lads?

As Saffy said, it was to another fan having a conversation about the BLM and kneeling before the game, wasn't happy we are still doing it and through that image out which, yeah it's pretty disgusting. Think thats the worst tweet I have seen from one of our fans which is some going.

Archived