Jump to content

Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal


Recommended Posts

If he makes it onto the bench then starts playing a part in matches then it will be because Cocu and his staff feel he's the best option. Should that be at the expense of some of our academy players then so be it - staying faithful to our own because they've come up through the ranks is not a reason to give them preferential treatment. If they're good enough then they will play under this manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

If he makes it onto the bench then starts playing a part in matches then it will be because Cocu and his staff feel he's the best option. Should that be at the expense of some of our academy players then so be it - staying faithful to our own because they've come up through the ranks is not a reason to give them preferential treatment. If they're good enough then they will play under this manager.

Yes, there was great admiration for Cocu's support of young players not long ago. 

When they fail to perform, Cocu gets it in the neck. 

Once they get their chance, academy players need to take it. Obviously there will be bad performances but if repeated they can expect to be benched. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, maxjam said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12078661/bobby-duncan-Derby-in-talks-to-sign-former-liverpool-striker-from-fiorentina

Derby want Duncan to join up initially with their U23s as he looks to re-build his career, but they hope that, with the advice and mentoring of Wayne Rooney, he could be a future star.

Not like Sky to shoehorn Wayne Rooney into any news regarding us...

Oh wait!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine if he signs he will play the entire season for u23s, much the same as Hector-Ingram

I think the idea is to let the player settle before chucking him in the deep end.

Many thought Hector-Ingram was ready to step up sooner, but I believe they just wanted to make sure he was fully settled at the club

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I imagine if he signs he will play the entire season for u23s, much the same as Hector-Ingram

I think the idea is to let the player settle before chucking him in the deep end.

Many thought Hector-Ingram was ready to step up sooner, but I believe they just wanted to make sure he was fully settled at the club

Yeah and JHI didn't look too bad when he came on. 

He may yet get his chance. 

Who knows it might be him and wee Bobby! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

I imagine if he signs he will play the entire season for u23s, much the same as Hector-Ingram

I think the idea is to let the player settle before chucking him in the deep end.

Many thought Hector-Ingram was ready to step up sooner, but I believe they just wanted to make sure he was fully settled at the club

Don’t think you’re right I don’t think anyone is going to be 100per cent playing the whole season for the under23s if you perform you can make the jump up ...Cocu and co are trying to make that jump less of cavern ...I like this idea also of it being a realistic chance that if you play well you get rewarded 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never get all of this doing their time with the U23 stuff and need to settle in.  If they are good enough they play with Cocu end of. Too many excuses given on age like Mason B - if you're good enough and have that x factor Star quality you're old enough (eg young Michael Owen) but if you're not you never quite will be (eg Theo Walcott)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Don’t think you’re right I don’t think anyone is going to be 100per cent playing the whole season for the under23s if you perform you can make the jump up ...Cocu and co are trying to make that jump less of cavern ...I like this idea also of it being a realistic chance that if you play well you get rewarded 

I disagree, with established players they have shown that there is opportunity but JHI was made to wait and to prove himself completely before he got 13 minutes at West Brom.

He was good enough to play last season and didn't, the only reason I can see for that is they wanted him to play for the u23s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t this just about playing the %ages?

The more promising young  forwards of high potential on your books, the better the chance that one turns into the next Danny Ings, Glenn Murray or whoever you want to pick.

If we just assume one of  Whittaker or JHI will turn good then chances are lower. Seems like we have convinced him to come here and that has got to be a good thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.