U23s vs Liverpool

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

No Minckley. With MTW suspended, wonder if he is in the squad tomorrow.

Doubt it, would imagine we will go with Clarke and Wisdom/Evans, Byrne right back and Jordan Brown will probably make the bench again with him being able to play RB and DM. 

Same squad as v Reading, just Jozwiak taking MTW place

3 minutes ago, David said:

Doubt it, would imagine we will go with Clarke and Wisdom/Evans, Byrne right back and Jordan Brown will probably make the bench again with him being able to play RB and DM. 

Same squad as v Reading, just Jozwiak taking MTW place

Don’t forget Evans picked up a nasty ankle injury vs Preston. Wisdom is still recovering from being stabbed and needs easing in gently. I wouldn’t be surprised if a youth defender is part of the first team squad on standby. We normally travel with 2 spare players don’t we?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Don’t forget Evans picked up a nasty ankle injury vs Preston. Wisdom is still recovering from being stabbed and needs easing in gently. I wouldn’t be surprised if a youth defender is part of the first team squad on standby. We normally travel with 2 spare players don’t we?

Assumed Evans was fine now as there was no new updates on injuries when Cocu was asked? 

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Ethan Wassall will be in our u23 team well into his 30s. Seems to have been there for years.

5 years he's been playing in the PL2 but still only 21 so you would assume another couple of years he will be gone, I say that as he's not had any sniff of first team action.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought Solomon was next on the rank after being picked in the friendly squads. Is Minckley capable of a step up at this stage?

1 minute ago, angieram said:

My usual seat is looking a bit forlorn. I reckon that they could have let me in if I didn't tell anyone else. 

I'm surprised U23 games haven't been given the go ahead to pilot fans in stadiums, we're seeing the EFL now allowing 1000 fans in to certain games, but U23 wouldn't see anywhere near that number. 

Clubs could also use it as a way to claw back some revenue, maybe £5 minimum entry fee, or £10 if you wish to give more which I'm sure many would, let's be honest, our U23s have some entertaining games so you wouldn't begrudge paying it at all.

18 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I thought Solomon was next on the rank after being picked in the friendly squads. Is Minckley capable of a step up at this stage?

Before pre-season I would have had Minkley ahead of Solomon as a RCB option, with Cashin and Rutt more highly rated at LCB. Those minutes Solomon put in for the first team were pretty impressive and changed my opinion. I think he’s still only 17 so maybe Cocu doesn’t think he’s mentally ready for competitive football. Minkley also covers RB.

Archived