Florian Jozefzoon - Joined Rotherham on loan

richinspain

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Personally I would keep Jozefzoon. Obviously we won’t but we really should.

We have a small squad and we are light in his position.

All it takes is an injury to Jozwiak and what a terrible spot we would be in.

How is JoFlo gonna help that? Cocu don't rate him and I bet it's mutual. We've seen less from him than from Marriott. Yeah lets keep him! Only thing in your favour is probably no-one else wants him. ?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Throwing this one out there...

With the arrival of KJ and JI, two out and out wingers. Would training day in day out with them help improve FJ and unleash the player he truly is? 

Just a thought ??‍♂️??‍♂️

No

4 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

There's a lot of sense in what you say, but the bad feeling between Cocu and Zoon going back to their PSV days (Zoon wasn't happy at his lack of career progression there under Cocu) means he was probably onto a loser the moment Cocu arrived here.  He hasn't been given a squad number now even with the injuries. Whatever happens, he's done at DCFC. Time to move on.

Also I think its a credit to our manager that although he clearly does not rate him I have never seen or heard any criticism of Zoon and didn't out him straight away..he gave him chances.....he didn't take them ....Cocu always conducts himself exceptionally imo....good luck to Zoon just didn't work out 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How is JoFlo gonna help that? Cocu don't rate him and I bet it's mutual. We've seen less from him than from Marriott. Yeah lets keep him! Only thing in your favour is probably no-one else wants him. ?

Obviously he’s not the answer in the long term.

I am not saying extend his contract and give him a raise, but while he’s contracted to us, we should utilise him.

Based on his time here, we are not going to have a long queue of interested clubs and it’s likely we cannot afford to release him, so we should keep him as a squad player.

It’s a long season and injuries and suspensions were a big issue for us last time around, so we should be prepared for that.

Yes, when Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn are all fit and available, he won’t be needed, but how often is that likely to be?

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not saying extend his contract and give him a raise, but while he’s contracted to us, we should utilise him.

What rubbish. He's shown absolutely nothing to be given a place on the team before other players! What does that do for squad morale?

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Based on his time here, we are not going to have a long queue of interested clubs and it’s likely we cannot afford to release him, so we should keep him as a squad player.

It’s a long season and injuries and suspensions were a big issue for us last time around, so we should be prepared for that.

Yes, when Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn are all fit and available, he won’t be needed, but how often is that likely to be?

Could've said the same about Anya but sometimes you just have to get rid....if possible

22 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

With respect I don't think any manager builds a squad thinking we need this many players coz we get lots of suspensions. 

Jozefzoon has not given any evidence that he is going to be an effective player for the Rams and his wages will help balance up the outgoings. 

Make no mistake Cocu is trying to build a younger squad that can become a team and Florian is not going to play any part in that. 

Wish him all the best but we have seen the last of him with a ram on his chest. 

He had one season for Brentford before we rushed in splashing the cash. His appearance stats before that were not great.

i ‘m not sure what we thought we saw.

With Lawrence, Waghorn and Wilson being preferred, it begs the question why we splashed so much money on a squad player. Maybe we were expecting Lawrence to leave?

Having said that, he produced a couple of decent appearances - both away at Hull. But the switch from 433 to 4231 has meant that there isn’t really an orthodox wide midfield position available. I can’t help but feel that we haven’t really made the most of him, and to bomb him out isn’t going to achieve anything. 

1 hour ago, Stedcfc said:

Seems he’s as good at looking for a new club as he is as playing football

I didn't realise you were privy to behind the scenes stuff. How do you know nothing is in progress or happening? He's got 16 days left before the transfer window shuts.

On 25/09/2020 at 14:37, Jourdan said:

Personally I would keep Jozefzoon. Obviously we won’t but we really should.

We have a small squad and we are light in his position.

Lawrence, Ibe and Waghorn are still weeks away from being ready to play and injuries and suspensions will be a constant churn over the season. They won’t just magically stop in November.

All it takes is an injury to Jozwiak and what a terrible spot we would be in.

I am not sure how we can complain about the finances, injuries, and a lack of squad depth, yet completely fail to utilise a potentially fit and able senior player while he is here.

Yes, we all know he hasn’t really sparkled in a Derby shirt, but if we want him to attract interest from other clubs, how is he going to do that if he is being frozen out?

Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn are clearly ahead of him in the pecking order and have/will be far more productive. Whittaker and Knight have also been more productive on the wings than him with a much higher ceiling. Holmes is also a very good emergency option as 7th choice winger, with a similar productivity. 

There's no value to the club in keeping him around and we'd actually be better off by loaning him out somewhere until January, even if we do cover all of his wages.

Archived