Florian Jozefzoon - Joined Rotherham on loan

richinspain

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I never really understood why he didn't get much of a chance. Especially as we don't have any wingers in the squad. Very strange.

He didn't really appear much under either manager. Maybe he's just a bad trainer. He wasn't great when he appeared for us, but I never thought he was bad enough that he shouldn't even make the bench ?‍♂️

I'd argue the opposite. We've heard from most players that Flo is really good in training. However, in his 22 games worth of minutes he only scored 2 and assisted 2. He had just 1 shot in the entirety of last season, and all 22 of his crosses failed to find a target. He only managed to find a man from a cross once in his two seasons with us! If he's struggling to to the attacking right, you'd expect him to put the defensive work in instead. But, he was behind all our other wingers for that as well - Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Knight and Whittaker

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd argue the opposite. We've heard from most players that Flo is really good in training. However, in his 22 games worth of minutes he only scored 2 and assisted 2. He had just 1 shot in the entirety of last season, and all 22 of his crosses failed to find a target. He only managed to find a man from a cross once in his two seasons with us! If he's struggling to to the attacking right, you'd expect him to put the defensive work in instead. But, he was behind all our other wingers for that as well - Lawrence, Waghorn, Holmes, Knight and Whittaker

i really hope no would be buyers read this

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How long a contact does he have left? As I don't see what's stopping him just sitting it out like Anya if it's a long time remaining

9 months, end of June 2021. 

...still doesn't make Cocu's comments disingenuous though. That'd mean he was being deliberately dishonest about it being best for all parties for Zoon to move on... 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's a fair point. I hadn't looked into the numbers. I just remember him being generally underwhelming.

I just wonder why, really. He seems to have everything in his tool kit to be a decent winger and, as you said, players often refer to him as the most skillful player in training. 

I do think it's best he moves on, but I just feel like he's had a really odd stint here. A bit like a less extreme version of Anya.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

How long a contact does he have left? As I don't see what's stopping him just sitting it out like Anya if it's a long time remaining

Anya was a bit older and had been at bigger clubs for a longer period of time (more money in the bank). If he sits this contract out he won’t be getting as good a deal as if he moved out in this window. 

One of our better signings of recent years.

Only £2.75m down the plug hole. ?
we stand to lose less on him than we did on Johnson, butterfield, Blackman or Anya.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That’s the worst job reference I’ve ever seen.

Archived