Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Because when they applied they expected a swifter more professional response to assist them get things in order. 

I think there’s a lot of people who see EFL and then that’s it..... it’s all their fault. I think Luton should be looking at why they offered in the first place.... anything to do with being 1st perhaps? Yes I’m making assumptions.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I’m sorry - but I think Luton are just as incompetent here. I’m not buying for one second they haven’t been “prepared” to let fans back in. Surely and by the way they offered to be a trial, they really had no “plan” in place?

Think sometimes, you have to look at your own club when you “offer” to get involved..... 

Or - they volunteered to be a trial expecting some guidance from their governing body?

I'm a Scout leader - we've been given clear guidance on how to restart face-to-face meetings from TSA HQ. They wouldn't have told us we can restart without it.

Marshall 

Byrne Davies Clarke Forsyth    

Bird    Shinnie 

knight.      Rooney.    Joz 

Marriott

small pitch Davies can handle it whilst Wisdom looks out of sorts and Marriott will score because Rooney will give him the ball in the correct places   

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Because when they applied they expected a swifter more professional response to assist them get things in order. 

It was about 24 hours between them volunteering and being selected. Could they really expect anything sooner?! Obviously I don't know whether EFL asked that clubs already have a plan when volunteering, nor whether Luton expected EFL to offer more firmer guidelines, so I don't know for sure who is at fault. But from the looks of things, I think Luton are the ones looking foolish.

The plus side is that my stream will be free .. courtesy of my visiting brother in law who is a LTFC season ticket holder.

i have been given instructions from sister in law to buy cheese and onion pastie .. cook it on Friday and warm it up for him and then get a plastic cup and some very cheap supermarket beer for him (watered down is best she says) 

The other plus is that in the absence of a crowd I actually have someone to watch the game with .. even though he’s a flipping hatter 

just hoping we can get on the front foot,  away from Unity Plaza the lads might relax and take some risks .. you know .. having a shot or two. 

Having roast dinner afterwards . Lamb of course, a good bottle of claret .. with polish sausages a cabbage and spuds on the side ... if the boy from Poznan does his stuff. 

COYR 

10 hours ago, erathirea said:

Marshall

Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan

Rooney, Bird

Jozwiak     Knight      Sibley

Marriott

My thought being have the tricky players on either wing to stretch the defence wider, giving Marriott more room to make runs, and Knight to make runs from deep.

Not for me .. too deep .. why have we got 6 players behind the half way line ? .. ok ok I know I am over stating it but 4-2-3-1 with our current lack of invention is virtual surrender .. we aren’t good enough to play 300 Spartans, enemies at the gate .. we need to take the game to them 

Marshall

Byrne       Evans        Clarke       Forsyth

Rooney            Bird

Whittaker         Sibley           Jozwiak

Marriott

I wouldn't be surprised to see Knight start, perhaps Jozwiak on the bench, with Wisdom at CB. Shinnie will probably be in the team too. I still think this is a game that's come too early. I'll go with Luton to win. Derby fans to be hammering Twitter and this place for Cocu to be sacked. I'm going to try and avoid this place like the plague the day after. 

Switch to 4 3 3 and go for it!

Marshall

Byrne       Evans        Clarke       Buchanan

Bird

Knight         Sibley           

Whittaker Marriott Jozwiak

14 hours ago, jono said:

The plus side is that my stream will be free .. courtesy of my visiting brother in law who is a LTFC season ticket holder.

i have been given instructions from sister in law to buy cheese and onion pastie .. cook it on Friday and warm it up for him and then get a plastic cup and some very cheap supermarket beer for him (watered down is best she says) 

The other plus is that in the absence of a crowd I actually have someone to watch the game with .. even though he’s a flipping hatter 

just hoping we can get on the front foot,  away from Unity Plaza the lads might relax and take some risks .. you know .. having a shot or two. 

Having roast dinner afterwards . Lamb of course, a good bottle of claret .. with polish sausages a cabbage and spuds on the side ... if the boy from Poznan does his stuff. 

COYR 

This could have been written by me - I will be watching the game at the home of my LTFC season ticket-holding brother-in-law! The only difference being that I will be providing bottles of Peroni and a Chinese takeaway. Let's hope the result is sweet and not sour!

Marshall

Byrne        Wisdom      Clarke    Buchanan

Shinnie

Rooney              Knight

Whittaker         Marriott          Jozwiak

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Marshall

Byrne        Wisdom      Clarke    Buchanan

Shinnie

Rooney              Knight

Whittaker         Marriott          Jozwiak

This looks good! Now with Jozwiak changing to 4-3-3 is possible. Maybe Evans starting instead of Wisdom. I think Knight would do well here, doing his Bryson thing. Later on Bird for Rooney or Shinnie, Sibley for Knight.

Hopefully after more minutes for certain players we could be picking 8 of our regular first team players. Here the team I’d go for.

Marshall

Byrne.       Wisdom.       Clarke.      Forsyth.

Rooney.        Bird

Knight.        Sibley.          Jozwiak

Marriott 

Got to get Wayne back in the middle he’s the only one that seems able to play forward through the lines, Jozwiak can bring all the fresh attacking impetus  he likes but if we can’t get the ball to him then there’s no point. 

The jury will be out on wether MTW is better than Wiz, he and Clarke formed a great partnership last season so no qualms about him going in at centre back. Looking at that team when we can add Lawrence, Waghorn, Bielik and a new striker you’re looking at a decent team that should easily be pushing for the play offs.

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

This could have been written by me - I will be watching the game at the home of my LTFC season ticket-holding brother-in-law! The only difference being that I will be providing bottles of Peroni and a Chinese takeaway. Let's hope the result is sweet and not sour!

I'm told the Luton club commentators bring new meaning to the words biased and one eyed ?. TBH I am really looking forward to seeing it from the oppositions point of view. And will there be another Slugga moment !

1 hour ago, RamDotFi said:

This looks good! Now with Jozwiak changing to 4-3-3 is possible. Maybe Evans starting instead of Wisdom. I think Knight would do well here, doing his Bryson thing. Later on Bird for Rooney or Shinnie, Sibley for Knight.

Yeah I agree with that. Wisdom not performing lately, doesn't look fit. I wouldn't pick Bird and Sibley, haven't been all that impressive recently. A couple of games on the sidelines would do them good. Shinnie Rooney and Knight keep their places for me as they were our best performers on Tuesday. Whittaker looked to be a lot more positive too.

Archived