Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

Marshall

Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Buchanan

Rooney, Bird

Jozwiak     Knight      Sibley

Marriott

My thought being have the tricky players on either wing to stretch the defence wider, giving Marriott more room to make runs, and Knight to make runs from deep.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

byrne.     Evans.    Clarke.     Buchanan

Rooney.    Knight

jozwiak.           Sibley.           Ibe

Marriott

wisdom - out of form

te weirik - writing his lines ‘ I must not let the ball bounce over my head’  1000 times

fozzy, bird, Whittaker - all subs

My head says

>60% of possession, 1 shot on target. Luton 3 - 0 Derby.
After March press conference “we weren’t quick enough with our play, we didn’t create enough in the final 3rd, I’m still looking to bring in 1 maybe 2” 

My heart says

we don’t care about sideways passing anymore, we’re all out attack and speed now we have the Polish lad. Didn’t measure the possession stat as its b@llocks,  15 shots on target, Luton 2 - 4 Derby. 

After match press conference “that’s the way I want to play football, fast pace, attacking, risk taking (in the final 3rd not amongst the back 4) loved it and hope the fans did. Yes I can confirm we are signing Ibe and Charlie Austin on loan for the season, up the ducking Rams. Right I’m off out with Given to get tw@tted. 

Marshall

Byrne - Evans - Clarke - Forsyth

Bird

Knight - Sibley

Jozefzoon - Marriott - Jozwiak

-Wisdom obviously needs to be eased back into the side. Starting has been too much too soon.

-Rooney isn’t ready to start and needs to build his fitness.

-Jozefzoon needs one final chance.

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Marshall

Byrne - Evans - Clarke - Forsyth

Bird

Knight - Sibley

Jozefzoon - Marriott - Jozwiak

-Wisdom obviously needs to be eased back into the side. Starting has been too much too soon.

-Rooney isn’t ready to start and needs to build his fitness.

-Jozefzoon needs one final chance.

I don't think Jozefzoon's been registered as a Derby player this season, judging by his lack of inclusion in the squad numbers.

Marshall

Byrne          Wisdom      Clarke       Forsyth

Bird                     Shinnie

Whittaker             Sibley                Jozwiak

Rooney

I just think we need Rooney up top as someone who can hold the ball. At least a point to get us up and running.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think Jozefzoon's been registered as a Derby player this season, judging by his lack of inclusion in the squad numbers.

I figured that. But there has been no news on his departure.

Given the injuries to Lawrence and Waghorn, the need for patience with Ibe, and the overall lack of squad depth, surely it’s important that we utilise every fit senior player we have?

Marshall 

Wisdom    Evans     Clarke

Byrne   Bird    Rooney   Sibley   Forsyth   

Joswiak

Marriott 

Time to persevere with the 3 at the back and I would play 3-5-2. Could swap Sibley for Knight but think Sibley would be better a little bit deeper so he can pick the ball up and run at people without having his back to goal all the time in the No10 position. Joswiak has a bit of a free role to get involved and support Marriott with Rooney sat in the middle dictating the play and getting forward to support when he feels he can?!

47 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I figured that. But there has been no news on his departure.

Given the injuries to Lawrence and Waghorn, the need for patience with Ibe, and the overall lack of squad depth, surely it’s important that we utilise every fit senior player we have?

he has leprosy.

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bird Rooney

Whittaker Knight Jozwiak

Marriott

Makes sense to give Sibley a rest and Knight a chance to play that role. Knight, Jozwiak and Marriott give us a lot of energy and pace, which might open things up for Whittaker to drift inside on his left foot. He looks like he could use a bit more space to play with.

Not really over thought the rest of the team, just put out what I consider our best players. It’s time to go back to Bird and Rooney in midfield, I like Shinnie but the Rooney/Bird partnership is what we should be investing time into.

I'd like to see - Marshall; Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth; Bird, Shinnie; Knight, Sibley, Jozwiak; Marriott.

It's important we shake ourselves from this fear and nervousness of going forward.

Really hoping Jozwiak can help with that, drag us a bit further up the pitch. One of the midfield two need to take the ball forward, help engage the Luton midfield, create space for Sibley to operate between the lines. As it is, he's a marked man - when the ball is with the CBs so much, the midfielders can match up.

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bird Rooney

Whittaker Knight Jozwiak

Marriott

Makes sense to give Sibley a rest and Knight a chance to play that role. Knight, Jozwiak and Marriott give us a lot of energy and pace, which might open things up for Whittaker to drift inside on his left foot. He looks like he could use a bit more space to play with.

Not really over thought the rest of the team, just put out what I consider our best players. It’s time to go back to Bird and Rooney in midfield, I like Shinnie but the Rooney/Bird partnership is what we should be investing time into.

Quite like this. Sibley has become the marked man, and perhaps some time on the bench will do him some good. There's just not the space to operate between the lines, mostly because we aren't moving quick enough to create it. Would be interesting to see Knight there, love the kid. Holmes would be first choice for that role, but I'd guess he's still likely to be out.

I think the one thing would help with this is Shinnie. I want to see one of the holding mids take the responsibility on - Shinnie doing this started the goal vs. Preston - and the Bird/Rooney partnership isn't likely to do this.

Tough decision at the back.

• te Wierik suspended
  • Evans didn't look comfortable after being punished for a fantastic tackle
  • Wisdom needs to be eased back during his recovery from being stabbed in the bum
  • Davies must now be the slowest player in the Championship
  • Forsyth isn't a CB

Can we play with just Clarke at CB? They certainly won't expect this:

Marshall
Byrne     Clarke     Buchanan
Knight     Bird     Shinnie
Whittaker     Sibley     Jozwiak
Rooney

It'll almost certainly be 4231, and I wouldn't bet against Davies starting over Wisdom. Luton seemed to love a cross into the box last season so I'd feel more comfortable with Davies in there than Wisdom. With Marriott's form I'm struggling to see anyone other than Roonet start up top. It'll reward Shinnie for his 2nd half performance as well. only 2 of Knight, Sibley and Whittaker to start. On the games so far, you'd have to say Sibley is the one to miss out.

Archived