Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Patience? Cocus first window not finished yet???

You play with the hand you are dealt. Some of our fans are spoilt. Most clubs, nearly all, do not have the luxury we do when it comes to transfers. The issues we have are systemic. I would personally like to see Davies play some games and be captain. A defenders defender. Someone who will get us organised with crosses ?

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Cocu has managed like 60 games. And game 60 or whatever we are on looks a lot like game 1. And 10 and 20 and 40. 

Whatever the players available, whatever the level of opponent the pattern has been there. From Scunthorpe to Barrow and Luton to Luton. From meaningless friendly to a huge game v Cardiff. 

Stoke at home is the only game we have looked a real attacking threat. The only game where we looked menacing. 

60 games maybe, but at no point has he been allowed a decent run at it with a settled and consistent selection of players at his disposal.

Nor has he really been able to add any players he actually wants to fit how he wants us to play. I mean OK there was Bielik, who had everything he needs from his central midfielders and bam, ACL.

He's got Jozwiak now, who looks like everything he needs on the wing and... well I dread to think. Byrne looks like he'll improve us - if I was the religious sort I'd start praying for him now.

I know not everything is perfect for other managers, and they all have their own problems to contend with but bloody hell, Cocu has had the carpet pulled out from under him so many times already it's bordering on the ridiculous, no, it's gone past the ridiculous.

Every time we look like getting our poo together something else happens -  and it IS more poo, both on and off the pitch than any other manager I can think of, at any club has had to put up with.  Not just little things here and there any manager should be able to cope with, things fundamental to the entire plan.

When the reset button has been forcibly pushed and held down every 3-4 months then of course we'll look like we're starting from scratch again, with the squad available at present we are!

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

You play with the hand you are dealt. Some of our fans are spoilt. Most clubs, nearly all, do not have the luxury we do when it comes to transfers. The issues we have are systemic. I would personally like to see Davies play some games and be captain. A defenders defender. Someone who will get us organised with crosses ?

Have Curtis on the training ground now, not on the pitch on a Saturday...

28 minutes ago, DRBee said:

That was Jim Smith's first season.... we have had a full season of Cocu already, and how many straight losses does this loss add to?. The excuses you make for him  don't really explain what is happening. As for your instruction for us to "grow up "  - your just mardy and can't stand people who have a different opinion.

Well other teams have said we should get better we will improve as they got relegated and if this style of play is not for the championship it certainly isn’t for league one and with what would seem like more bad injury news we are in real trouble of plummeting to the lower leagues 

32 minutes ago, DRBee said:

That was Jim Smith's first season.... we have had a full season of Cocu already, and how many straight losses does this loss add to?. The excuses you make for him  don't really explain what is happening. As for your instruction for us to "grow up "  - your just mardy and can't stand people who have a different opinion.

We have lost 2 league games since our last victory. Always happy to help.

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

we will see...im sure mels trigger finger is getting itchy

I’m sure it isn’t, two games into a new season where we’re still adding to the squad after only coming out of an embargo.

And what do you mean by trigger finger? Maybe in the past, but we haven’t sacked a manager since March 2017.

8 minutes ago, Silko said:

Well other teams have said we should get better we will improve as they got relegated and if this style of play is not for the championship it certainly isn’t for league one and with what would seem like more bad injury news we are in real trouble of plummeting to the lower leagues 

Agreed we are in major trouble after 2 games. Really not sure we have the time to turn this around.

10 minutes ago, Silko said:

Early contender for biggest overreaction of the season?

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Craig forsyth is absolutely awful i said a few weeks ago when lowe went that I couldn't believe people still said hes one of the better left backs in the championship,  many people on here were sticking up for him saying he was still quality,  I'd rather stick an avocado with eyeballs and boots at left back 

Please provide photo of advocao etc.

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

Just joking with you all i thought we played well and deserved to win ...... we was robbed at the end

Was with until the last bit, we had at chance to nick a point with Rooney, we lost due to 2 defensive rooster ups, other than that for me we did play well at times and could have won.

Still very early days, with a strike force that’s needs to be completed and have time to gel; with some of the injuries we’ve had, Cocu still hasn’t had any luck since joining us, one bum hand after another keeps hitting him but his signings look ok and he just needs time, something it seems a fair few don’t want to give him.

Archived