Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

I feel Fozzy did not need to track that runner, when the cross was put in, there were already two Derby players in the box effectively marking one player. I think fozzy should have held his position, let one of the two players standing on the penalty spot take the runner. Fozzy should have stayed with his man on the left, since no one was there to cover for him.

Aye, Fozzy did the right thing initially, but then kept going across with the man with the ball. 

Clarke reassures his position in the middle and Forsyth is switched off. 

Clarke should have noticed and stayed in Forsyth's position though.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall 

Byrne Wisdom Clark   X 

Bird     X

X.         Sibley      Jozwiak

X 

Improvements need to be made in these 4 areas. Could Buchanan, Lawrence and Bielik plug these gaps? Perhaps. 

That would leave us needing a striker. 
Ibe would also provide more depth. 

I do think that Cocu needs to be a little more pragmatic. It’s clear with excellent players he can play great football but he needs to find a way of combining his footballing principles with the players we have available. 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Rooney hasn’t improved us since the return of football after the lockdown. 

Slow, unfit, error prone and snatches at chances like he’s stern john not England’s greatest goal scorer. 

Roll on Bielik back from injury. Hopefully Buchanan impresses in training and we get a new striker in. 

Rooney was much better after he dropped back second half. Thought the team looked better with him there as well. We are gradually getting there. Much better today. 

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

Welcome to the internet.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Eh? 

How was the first anything but a goalkeeper error? 

Forsyth switches off. The second goal is largely down to him. He should not be inside Clarke from that cross. 

But before the game a lot of posters said they wanted a better performance. 

We made more good crosses today than in the previous three games combined. 

A proper CF would have buried a couple. 

We have just forgotten how to win and each week 3-4 play okay and the rest are average. 

Today we were just a bit off a good performance. 

44 games to go. Keep the razor blades on hold. 

Watch the first goal back, Forsyth not marking the man...

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Tell me which games we are likely to get anything from

We have 6 games in the month of October and you think we're not even going to get a single draw? If we click, any of those games are highly winnable. It's the Championship. 

Just now, 1967Ram said:

Better performance undermined (torpedoed?) by rank, inept defending. We can't keep on defending so poorly and expect to win games. We should have got a point today.

It's alright. Many of our fans having got a ducking clue regarding this. Bring on the next goal we conceed from a cross. 

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Eh? 

How was the first anything but a goalkeeper error? 

Forsyth switches off. The second goal is largely down to him. He should not be inside Clarke from that cross. 

But before the game a lot of posters said they wanted a better performance. 

We made more good crosses today than in the previous three games combined. 

A proper CF would have buried a couple. 

We have just forgotten how to win and each week 3-4 play okay and the rest are average. 

Today we were just a bit off a good performance. 

44 games to go. Keep the razor blades on hold. 

See how much time the lad had to cross the ball - I’m just staying a fact the goals have come from wide positions.

No razor blades from me mate - I thought we looked far more at it 2nd half. Shame Marriott went off. Key to the improved 2nd off was taking Shinnie off. We looked so much more wiser and cleverer in midfield then. We looked busy.

I think we will be loads better in 10 games time. Early days. I’m not too fussed about the start.

Burely had the same start in 04/05 - we then clicked....

3 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

Stay strong Xlor. COYR

4 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Was only a bit of light humour, but that is what I’d call it.

Archived