Help needed The Ram Magazine 1972

Jim Walters

My wife passed away 5 months ago I was wondering if anyone on here would have a collection of Derby County The Ram magazine from 1972, or know who might have them. My late wife Marion had her photo taken at The cup tie with Notts County the only Derby match she went to and it appeared in one  of the Ram magazine's following home matches. I would very much like to have a copy of the photo. Thank you Jim.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Jim Walters said:

My wife passed away 5 months ago I was wondering if anyone on here would have a collection of Derby County The Ram magazine from 1972, or know who might have them. My late wife Marion had her photo taken at The cup tie with Notts County the only Derby match she went to and it appeared in one  of the Ram magazine's following home matches. I would very much like to have a copy of the photo. Thank you Jim.

<<bump>>

Good luck mate. Some older ones may remember the cup game, 6-0 with Durban scoring a hat trick.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. Otherwise, keep searching ebay though it's tricky if you dont know the match day in which the photo appeared. I'm guessing it would be the next game, against Forest (4-0):

https://www.11v11.com/teams/Derby-county/tab/matches/season/1972/

BTW wasn't it still the "programme" in those days rather than a "magazine" or was there some other publication aswell? Unlikely because football marketing hadn't yet taken off.

49 minutes ago, Jim Walters said:

I'm almost certain it was The Ram Magazine.

Sure that you’re right. Frustratingly I have the full season after of newspaper format in the blue binder. But can’t find the championship year. Great nostalgia however. Benvindos Benfica.

Good luck, someone must have it.

5 hours ago, Jim Walters said:

A big thank you to C Stand for finding the photograph for me much appreciated. Brilliant people on this forum cheers Jim.

Just got these back from Andy Ellis ready to send you, not sure if she’s in these and it’s better quality or not

6CF2080F-BEB9-4F74-89B9-FBAA39A725A8.jpeg

96C6537C-49D0-403F-B488-0EB829196E3B.jpeg

Archived