Changing your mind

sage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, I hated almost every moment of Gary Rowett’s tenure and strongly disagreed with pretty much every decision he made. Maybe too much.

Since he left, I’ve seen some really reasonable posts and well thought out points about his time with us that definitely made me reflect on those decisions he made.

And I haven’t changed my opinion one ducking bit, that guy stinks, what an absolute fraud of manager, just make the most unambitious moves possible and fans will lap it up because it’s sensible, try your hardest to keep every game tight and hope you score first, maybe squeeze enough out of your squad to sneak in the playoffs then hope you fluke your way past teams that have actually bothered to develop some attacking flair and know how to score when they need goal, the man clearly did a mad job scouting that summer to sign Huddlestone and Davies, my Nan turned 87 last week and she could have told you to sign them because she watched MOTD once in 2009, honestly she probably watched the one week where Cameron Jerome actually bloody scored for Stoke so she could have scouted him too, not only a boring bar steward but an arrogant one, imagine thinking you’re gods gift because you can get Vydra to score in the championship, fell out with him by the end of the season anyway does anyone actually think he’d have replaced Vydra the season after, not a chance he’d have signed jordan Rhodes or some poo and we would have been even worse to watch, honestly never been so embarrassed at a performance as that fulham away leg, what a bloody joke that was, he can’t wait for an interview too so he can get a nice soundbite, anything to make a name for himself and get a PL job, would sell his kids for a chance to manage in the big leagues, he has wet dreams about doing an interview with Lineker, definitely has a huge inferiority complex because he was a bang average player, can’t believe he left us for bloody Stoke and people are on here saying ‘oooh at least he left us quickly unlike Lampard’ yeah Jesus Christ Gary thanks for leaving your “dream job” at Derby for bloody Stoke, ffs at least frank left for Champions league football, also he only pretended to play 4-2-3-1 because the optics of a 4-4-2 would have exposed him as the Warnock wannabe he is, that’s why we don’t release our team sheets on twitter in formation anymore because it was a 4-4-2 and it still annoys me today, when we release our line ups in number order it looks like bloody Huddlestone and Malone are playing up top, dresses up like a young tactical innovator but beneath that jumper and those trainers is a football dinosaur, what’s he actually achieved as a manager other than finish top 6 with us, you could give the bloke Messi and he’d still finish 5th in the championship, honestly Nugent would still be running around up top doing sod all if he was manager, a fraud, a con man, a FARCE and if he ever came back I’d genuinely go and watch rugby for a bit and I hate rugby but at least I could have a beer in the stands.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

You know what, I hated almost every moment of Gary Rowett’s tenure and strongly disagreed with pretty much every decision he made. Maybe too much.

Since he left, I’ve seen some really reasonable posts and well thought out points about his time with us that definitely made me reflect on those decisions he made.

And I haven’t changed my opinion one ducking bit, that guy stinks, what an absolute fraud of manager, just make the most unambitious moves possible and fans will lap it up because it’s sensible, try your hardest to keep every game tight and hope you score first, maybe squeeze enough out of your squad to sneak in the playoffs then hope you fluke your way past teams that have actually bothered to develop some attacking flair and know how to score when they need goal, the man clearly did a mad job scouting that summer to sign Huddlestone and Davies, my Nan turned 87 last week and she could have told you to sign them because she watched MOTD once in 2009, honestly she probably watched the one week where Cameron Jerome actually bloody scored for Stoke so she could have scouted him too, not only a boring bar steward but an arrogant one, imagine thinking you’re gods gift because you can get Vydra to score in the championship, fell out with him by the end of the season anyway does anyone actually think he’d have replaced Vydra the season after, not a chance he’d have signed jordan Rhodes or some poo and we would have been even worse to watch, honestly never been so embarrassed at a performance as that fulham away leg, what a bloody joke that was, he can’t wait for an interview too so he can get a nice soundbite, anything to make a name for himself and get a PL job, would sell his kids for a chance to manage in the big leagues, he has wet dreams about doing an interview with Lineker, definitely has a huge inferiority complex because he was a bang average player, can’t believe he left us for bloody Stoke and people are on here saying ‘oooh at least he left us quickly unlike Lampard’ yeah Jesus Christ Gary thanks for leaving your “dream job” at Derby for bloody Stoke, ffs at least frank left for Champions league football, also he only pretended to play 4-2-3-1 because the optics of a 4-4-2 would have exposed him as the Warnock wannabe he is, that’s why we don’t release our team sheets on twitter in formation anymore because it was a 4-4-2 and it still annoys me today, when we release our line ups in number order it looks like bloody Huddlestone and Malone are playing up top, dresses up like a young tactical innovator but beneath that jumper and those trainers is a football dinosaur, what’s he actually achieved as a manager other than finish top 6 with us, you could give the bloke Messi and he’d still finish 5th in the championship, honestly Nugent would still be running around up top doing sod all if he was manager, a fraud, a con man, a FARCE and if he ever came back I’d genuinely go and watch rugby for a bit and I hate rugby but at least I could have a beer in the stands.

What a day to be a forum member! First we have a challenger for curtains for the craziest topic, then transfer forum is buzzing about possible double signing and now @Alphalevel rant from @Leicester Ram.

What next?! Shot on goal against Preston?

chris farley no more for today GIF

58 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Stop sitting on the fence. Tell us what you really feel. 

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

So do you like Rowett or not ?

A few of the early Rowett doubters changed my mind. When he first arrived I thought it was a great appointment, I thought he’d done well at Birmingham and liked him as a player. There were a few posters on here from the get go who highlighted a flaws in his time with BCFC and I thought they were being negative along with a fair few other posters. Over the course of a few months I saw what they were saying was credible and it began to influence my view. It also made me reflect generally when people share views which are critical against decisions made by the club, how the team has performed etc... it’s important the forum has such contributions and posters should ignore the bedwetter, wrist slasher type of insults that invariably get thrown in.

Your argument has validity to a point. Everyone has an opinion/view on everything.

What makes a perceived view to be right or wrong is if this supported a majority or minority of people.  

i.e the result of a vote is ultimately believed to be correct and winner/winning argument is the one supported by most people voting for it. 

Whether 'you' personally believe is to be correct is immaterial to the result. 

Rightly or wrongly we (thankfully) live in country of free speech and ideas, which we are allowed to express. 

So let the bedwetters, wrist slasher, moaners, groaners, pessimists, doom and gloom merchants all have the day in the sun 

They say with age comes Wisdom!

Well I'm elderly and Wisdom is here (avoiding, saying Wisdom has come) so why change my mind!

I enjoy the football debates but largely I still maintain my starting position albeit possibly less extreme.

The debate elsewhere on depression opened my eyes and increased understanding.

20 hours ago, FindernRam said:

They say with age comes Wisdom!

Well I'm elderly and Wisdom is here (avoiding, saying Wisdom has come) so why change my mind!

I enjoy the football debates but largely I still maintain my starting position albeit possibly less extreme.

The debate elsewhere on depression opened my eyes and increased understanding.

Ihave just been diagnosed with a mental health problem , moods have been up and down since lockdown , sorry if ive offended anyone on here in that time , it wasnt intentional , a good Rams win sooner rather than later would help me no end , COYR

Archived