Changing your mind

sage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

When I was a kid I thought Derby were the best team in the country but as I have got older I have changed my mind.

We were.

23 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Yes.

B4 convinces me every season that we will go up as Champions and we do not.

Every year I fall for his sorcery.

I'm still convinced we can catch wolves. 

If you weren't a dreamer/optimist (or someone with very very boring life) you would have been one of those Rams fans who have fallen by the wayside on our long and arduous quest to return to our rightful place at the top table.

Its fans fan like B4 who pull us all along with blind hope. 

Keep it up son.

Changed my mind over Rowett and Lamps:

Lamps had the best chance of getting us up and had everything on a plate for him. Left us looking like amateurs off the pitch, we also lapped up the “Lad Culture” when we had Insta stories of Assistant Manager on the p**s for about 2 days after the WBA game. I genuinely believe that culture led to the horrendous decisions certain players made on that fateful night out a few months later.

Also I believe Lamps messed us about for so long it kinda written off half of the next season. We were left in a messy place.

Rowett: 

I think he was much better here than given credit for. Least when he went, he went quick and made no uncertain terms instead of it being stretched out.

People bang on about “style of play” etc, but he got the best out of certain players strengths. He got us winning and we looked pretty solid. Obviously bit went sour, but I for one don’t begrudge him going if he thought the Stoke gig was better (lets not kid ourselves it was as well). 

Made some good signings in Davies and Huddlestone as well. Used Weiman properly and had Nuge and Vydra working, with having our 1st Golden Boot winner since probably decilmisation. “BuT hE dIdNt WaNt HuGhEs”

Also changed my mind on Mel to more of a positive nowadays..... hearts in the club, you know my misgivings from years ago where I’ll kick off. Don’t anymore as I think he genuinely wants the best for us.

Regards.... The Mafia

The recruitment team being poor.

I have no idea if the recruitment team have been poor. 

Recruitment has been shocking but how much influence do our recruitment team even have? 

Chris Evans left because he didn’t feel needed under Clement and I know that we signed Bradley Johnson because he was offered to Clement.

Martin out, Vydra, Anya and Wilson in was clearly Pearson trying to mould us in his image. 

Etcetera…

Not sure my views have changed as such, if anything they have been strengthened by views of of others.

Martin for example, I have nothing but great memories of him, but some of the excessive support for him made me feel more strongly that we needed to move on.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure my views have changed as such, if anything they have been strengthened by views of of others.

Martin for example, I have nothing but great memories of him, but some of the excessive support for him made me feel more strongly that we needed to move on.

You've kept that quiet.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Martin's gone? 

Well I never!

Archived