The perfect analogy of Derby and Forest

Mafiabob

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

You’d be hard pressed to see a better one

And the saddest thing is, some folk will revel in their loss at QPR.

I DONT CARE. FOREST ARE A BLOODY IRRELEVANCE.

If theres a club to get annoyed at, its the bindippers at Leicester. A 20 years i'd swap with any day...taking the mick out of Forest is like bullying the lonely fat kid at school. Stop it.

Nottingham Forest are not worthy of our rivalry. Basically a Derby tribute act & other than a freak 2 years from 1978-1980 (with a management team & playing squad straight out of our title win in 72), an absolute also ran of English football. Wake up!!!!

28 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If theres a club to get annoyed at, its the bindippers at Leicester. A 20 years i'd swap with any day...taking the mick out of Forest is like bullying the lonely fat kid at school. Stop it.

Nottingham Forest are not worthy of our rivalry. Basically a Derby tribute act & other than a freak 2 years from 1978-1980 (with a management team & playing squad straight out of our title win in 72), an absolute also ran of English football. Wake up!!!!

They're our local rivals, get real

23 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

So what? They're a pathetic club. The fascination with them is ridiculous. 

They're not worthy of rivalry. Leave them to Notts County.

If as a Derby County supporter you can’t get excited about our rivalry with forest I’d think about Pursuing another hobby if I  were you...

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Don't get me wrong, Derby day is  great, but agree that people are way OTT the other 363 days of the year.

Think it speaks of both team's lack of success in recent years that both sets of fans seem at least as interested in how the other side did every Saturday.

34 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

If as a Derby County supporter you can’t get excited about our rivalry with forest I’d think about Pursuing another hobby if I  were you...

Yep. Always the second score I look for. When Derby lose it gives me comfort to know that Førest lost too. No idea how any Derby fan can ignore what Fôrest are doing. I struggle to care too much about Leeds, couldn't care less about Leicester (thankfully), but Förest... 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Leicester- wouldn't let em drink the sweat of me balls if they were dehydrated in the Gobi they're so irrelevant, never mind share my water.  Might share my water begrudgingly with a red dog as the banter to be had if they duck up is too great.

The bit in bold is fairly accurate, which makes them even more annoying. 

It's why we're the best rivalry in the country.

Neither team has seen any modicum of success in 30 years. Neither team is likely to see success in the foreseeable. We're both stuck in the mire of mediocrity that is the Championship, flailing about as teams rise and fall around us, unable to gain purchase in the madness. Other teams are a blur, a chaotic mess of colour spiraling around us; the only thing we can see clearly when we look around is each other, eternally stationary. 

All we have had, all we have, and all we may ever have to give any meaning whatsoever to year after year of futile seasons of football, is each other.

13 years of football where we both may as well have stayed home. Here's to 13 more, I say!

Forest are rivals, we're not obsessed it's a rivalry, we're going to look out for their scores as they are us. When the fixtures are announced they are the first games we look for, let's not pretend we're above all that.

Does it make our game any better? No, but I won't lie I take some comfort in their defeats as with Leeds. 

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Not really me owd. I support Derby, doesnt automatically mean I have to feel better because that basketcase of a club down the road is doing even worse (or even care). That acceptance of mediocrity is half our problem. 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

You ok hun?

Surrounded by Leeds fans, what do you think?!

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

Yep. Always the second score I look for. When Derby lose it gives me comfort to know that Førest lost too. No idea how any Derby fan can ignore what Fôrest are doing. I struggle to care too much about Leeds, couldn't care less about Leicester (thankfully), but Förest... 

Exactly our problem. Sick of this second tier syndrome. This club used to win things & compete at the top level, now we're happy that bunch of nomarks lost at QPR?! Point taken about the bindippers but they are where we want to be. Oh, Barry at the office supports Forest & its nice to rip it out of him...yeah, ok...

I live in Nottingham and the site of treetards wearing their disgusting red shirts make me sick to the stomach! Their delusions of grandeur make for brilliant comedy! I hate the duckers, always will and my biggest fear is my daughters will end up supporting them. The rams indoctrination is going well so far but if it fails, I may have to disown them. 
This rivalry matters but the twitter post is bang on. We’re both poo!  I think we’ve been together to long now and need a break from each other.

Best get promoted then!

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I live in Nottingham and the site of treetards wearing their disgusting red shirts make me sick to the stomach! Their delusions of grandeur make for brilliant comedy! I hate the duckers, always will and my biggest fear is my daughters will end up supporting them. The rams indoctrination is going well so far but if it fails, I may have to disown them. 
This rivalry matters but the twitter post is bang on. We’re both poo!  I think we’ve been together to long now and need a break from each other.

Best get promoted then!

Thats a risk. Bloke I worked with left his son to long to indoctrinate to the red shirt and being at a school in Derby he was converted by his mates on the quiet.  The hysterics when he handed the 7 yr old the carefully wrapped red shirt were something to behold. Almost as bad as his dads hysterics returning it and having to get him a shiny white one to be like his mates.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

It's why we're the best rivalry in the country.

Neither team has seen any modicum of success in 30 years. Neither team is likely to see success in the foreseeable. We're both stuck in the mire of mediocrity that is the Championship, flailing about as teams rise and fall around us, unable to gain purchase in the madness. Other teams are a blur, a chaotic mess of colour spiraling around us; the only thing we can see clearly when we look around is each other, eternally stationary. 

All we have had, all we have, and all we may ever have to give any meaning whatsoever to year after year of futile seasons of football, is each other.

13 years of football where we both may as well have stayed home. Here's to 13 more, I say!

We’re like dr. Who and the master. Constantly battling through time and space.  The one fixed constant in the multiverse. 

Archived