Centre Forward

Beardmm

Treble announcement imminent.................................................................................................................................................Happy So Excited GIF

not really!! just getting bored of refreshing pages waiting for news!!!! ?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/09/2020 at 10:22, Alty_Ram said:

We desperately need the ball to stick up front so anyone that can do that is going to improve us. Always liked Sharp but always assumed he was more of a master poacher than a focal point. Happy to be wrong of course.

Re Lowe and Bogle. The strengths of both are probably as attack-minded fullbacks/wing backs rather than as out and out orthodox defenders. Most would probably say that Bogle was seen as the more talented but I suspect that we still didn't see the best of him last year. He certainly likes to get forward but maybe we hoped to see a bit more by way of assists. It has felt likely for a while that a top flight team would take a punt on Bogle but in truth I'm slightly surprised by Lowe. We've seen some good things at times from him but he didn't seem like the obvious choice for an upgrade to Premier League team.

Not sure about that mate, 17 in two seasons is excellent 

9 hours ago, sage said:

Vydra isn't the type of CF we need. We need someone big, strong and mobile.   

And cheap. 
if we’re going blow our budget on a Polish winger with a wonky wheel. 

Personally I think it is a myth that we need a big, strong, mobile forward.

If you stuck someone like Lucas Joao or Famara Diedhiou in this team, it wouldn’t count for much because the rest of our team lacks the necessary qualities.

You need midfielders and wingers with pace, athleticism, movement, intelligence, drive and bravery.

We obsess over having the next Watkins or Mitrovic, when the biggest difference between us and recent top sides in the division is our midfield and our wide players.

If we got the balance right and some extra quality in those positions, we’d enable ourselves to be able to accommodate any kind of forward. It opens up possibilities.

Even Vydra.

His pace, movement, intelligence, technique, and finishing instincts - all of it is levels above what Waghorn and Marriott can offer, so it would be a massive upgrade.

But again until we address the midfield and the wide areas, you could have Benzema up top and the team would remain impotent.

58 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If you stuck someone like Lucas Joao or Famara Diedhiou in this team, it wouldn’t count for much because the rest of our team lacks the necessary qualities.

You need midfielders and wingers with pace, athleticism, movement, intelligence, drive and bravery.

We obsess over having the next Watkins or Mitrovic, when the biggest difference between us and recent top sides in the division is our midfield and our wide players.

If we got the balance right and some extra quality in those positions, we’d enable ourselves to be able to accommodate any kind of forward. It opens up possibilities.

Even Vydra.

His pace, movement, intelligence, technique, and finishing instincts - all of it is levels above what Waghorn and Marriott can offer, so it would be a massive upgrade.

But again until we address the midfield and the wide areas, you could have Benzema up top and the team would remain impotent.

I agree to an extent, a striker isn't going to magically change everything - but having a striker that can hold up a ball and be someone to aim for would make a huge difference. With Marriott, the ball just comes back. Keeping possession high up the pitch could make our worse attackers look better because we'll be able to keep the pressure on. 

On 15/09/2020 at 14:00, Srg said:

No one saying that. 

What we are saying is there is literally nothing in the rumour about Vydra whatsoever apart from one sad twit on twitter who is known for making up poo. 

Beginning to wonder if Barry has made a loan move for your wife

On 17/09/2020 at 15:44, inter politics said:

From DET live:

Cocu said the club is looking in this country and abroad in their search for a striker.

Ironic that our recruitment team / scouts have been told to get their passports up to date and start looking a bit further afield than Peterborough ....just as international travel is a bit of a no go ?

On 16/09/2020 at 01:03, Jourdan said:

Even Vydra.

I agree with a lot of this.  The problem we have is not creating enough and not enough mobility.  With the injured players back and more pace and creativity in midfield and the wide positions we would be a different team.  I think that would help Waghorn and Marriott too.  Because we create few chances their misses are highlighted even more, but that’s why they’re in The Championship.  Let’s face it, we could have had Harry Kane up front in the last couple of games and he’d have struggled.

2 hours ago, BulloRams said:

Bobby Duncan, ex Liverpool, that’s all...

I see your post in the transfer section was pulled (understandable without a media link). But nonetheless your profile history doesn’t suggest you are wumming. What have you heard, and from what source. Talented youngster, who because of agents may have made some bad decisions in his time. Good pedigree coming through Citeh, Liverpool and being signed by Fiorentina. Might suit our finances, and Cocu’s philosophy to promote and enhance young player value.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I see your post in the transfer section was pulled (understandable without a media link). But nonetheless your profile history doesn’t suggest you are wumming. What have you heard, and from what source. Talented youngster, who because of agents may have made some bad decisions in his time. Good pedigree coming through Citeh, Liverpool and being signed by Fiorentina. Might suit our finances, and Cocu’s philosophy to promote and enhance young player value.

Supposedly been at the training ground, signed a deal. Fits the bill of what cocu said with “looking abroad and in the uk” although I don’t thing we will see him a Centre Forward, maybe more of a winger? Heard it through the same people as my Shay Given source 

2 hours ago, BulloRams said:

Bobby Duncan, ex Liverpool, that’s all...

Interesting and sounds a good move if it's happening. At Liverpool and Fiorentina they say his head was turned by his agent(s), and he apparently gets through agents faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100m. But if he was unhappy not being the Liverpool first team age 18, then hopefully he has something. Is he prepared to prove himself in our U23s? Word has been Brentford were talking with him, and most on here admire their scouting network.

Losing Delap to Man City has left a hole in the Academy production line. Stretton and Hector-Ingram would like to fill it. Is Duncan much better? He'll have to be if he wants to push seriously for first team football. Went to Fiorentina for £1.8m. If we get him for nothing that seems good business and if he's a genuine goalscorer, it's even better business. Hope you're right Bullo!

Archived