Centre Forward

Beardmm

I've been a much loved member of this forum for exactly 4 years and 11 days. I joined the forum because it looked like we were sending our first choice striker off to another Championship club and I was wondering who his replacement might be. As it turned out he wasn't replaced.

4 years and 11 days later it looks like we've sent that same first choice striker off to another Championship club and I am still wondering who might be his replacement.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I've been a much loved member of this forum for exactly 4 years and 11 days. I joined the forum because it looked like we were sending our first choice striker off to another Championship club and I was wondering who his replacement might be. As it turned out he wasn't replaced.

4 years and 11 days later it looks like we've sent that same first choice striker off to another Championship club and I am still wondering who might be his replacement.

Come on mate C Martin isn’t the be all and end all of the Rams. I was gutted when Steve Howard left for Leicester(who was a similar age to what Martin is now) but you’ve got to put the faith in Phill!

12 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Come on mate C Martin isn’t the be all and end all of the Rams. I was gutted when Steve Howard left for Leicester(who was a similar age to what Martin is now) but you’ve got to put the faith in Phill!

I don't think this thread is about Chris Martin.

It's about who replaces Chris Martin now he has gone.

I've yet to see a sensible, affordable suggestion.

I hope our scouts know things that I do not.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I don't think this thread is about Chris Martin

It's about who replaces Chris Martin now he has gone.

I've yet to see a sensible, affordable suggestion.

I hope our scouts know things that I do not.

This all seems to be taking so long...I just hope we have the winger, centre forward and attacking midfielder all in to play at Luton next Saturday....wishful thinking I know.....

37 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

We replaced him with Tito Villa… then had to go out and buy Hulse…

And then it took us a few attempts at replacing Hulse… 

It is ridiculous that we have struggled to replace Chrissie for so long ...

Is it that no-one else below the prem can perform the same role or is it that we just can't afford anyone as good??

Even if Martin had stayed we would still have had to replace him eventually but we haven't been able to achieve in the last five years.

Surely there is a Dutch player who fits the bill and who grew up playing the hold up/target man role?

I haven't even seen a name mentioned who can do the same job,which seems kind of crazy.

We offered Martin what we thought we could realistically afford and he /his agent decided he could do better. 

His decision. 

Even if he had stayed I don't think Cocu would have seen as a long term solution for the season a new number 9 would still have come in. 

Martin going just made Cocu decision for him. 

If were playing with 2 quick wingers (which seems to be the plan) then we need an equally mobile, agile centre forward to get on the end of their created chances. 

1 minute ago, neil62uk said:

Billy Sharpe on loan  would be a start , being that we've sold two youngsters on the cheap to sheff utd ... surely 1 good turn deserves  another ?

Billy Sharp is just a better version of Jack Marriott. We don't need a small goal poacher, we need a hold up man. 

11 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Yes I'm guessing it came down to CM wanting a lengthier and more lucrative contract than DCFC were comfortable with. Probably a fair bit of distance between what CM was asking and what the club had in mind. Good luck to the guy if he achieved the deal he was hoping for at Bristol City. 

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes I'm guessing it came down to CM wanting a lengthier and more lucrative contract than DCFC were comfortable with.

What you mean the same length as Fozzy got? I'm really looking forward to cheering on the CM replacement, when is he signing?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What you mean the same length as Fozzy got? I'm really looking forward to cheering on the CM replacement, when is he signing?

No idea when the new guy is signing. I wasn't saying that letting CM go was the correct decision, just suggesting what may have led to his departure. 

Archived