Cristiano Ronaldo - The Greatest Ever

Mostyn6

Just seen Cristiano’s International statistics for Portugal. 

Think he’s just passed 100 international goals, this for me, puts him ahead of Messi, Maradona and David Nugent as the best ever footballer. 

I don’t consider Pele in the same class as his stats are massaged by including exhibition games and amateur opponents on a local park. 

People will give him the credit he deserves when he hangs up his boots. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Messi is still the goat.

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Messi will always be the greatest, even if Ronaldo is second on that list.

Sorry but you’re both wrong. Messi has been lucky in a team full of stars. Ronaldo has MADE teams great. 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just seen Cristiano’s International statistics for Portugal. 

Think he’s just passed 100 international goals, this for me, puts him ahead of Messi, Maradona and David Nugent as the best ever footballer. 

I don’t consider Pele in the same class as his stats are massaged by including exhibition games and amateur opponents on a local park. 

People will give him the credit he deserves when he hangs up his boots. 

yep, he is definitely the greatest ever player.... as long as you dont count Messi and Maradonna of course who are both miles ahead of him.

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

yep, he is definitely the greatest ever player.... as long as you dont count Messi and Maradonna of course who are both miles ahead of him.

Diego imploded under spotlight. Never carried it through. Messi can’t do it without a good team. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Diego imploded under spotlight. Never carried it through. Messi can’t do it without a good team. 

Diego did what...???? Never. Arrows It through....?? Ha ha that is the best line I have ever seen on here.... is that not counting him winning the title for Napoli (twice) single handedly (something they hadn’t done before or haven’t done since) or when he won the UEFA cup for them (again something they haven’t done before or after him)....and let’s not forget about the World Cup he won...but aside from that you are right.... ha ha 

Messi would take Tranmere Rovers to the Premiership....but I see what you mean though, Ronaldo has made a career out of playing for a bunch of plucky under dogs....

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Diego did what...???? Never. Arrows It through....?? Ha ha that is the best line I have ever seen on here.... is that not counting him winning the title for Napoli (twice) single handedly (something they hadn’t done before or haven’t done since) or when he won the UEFA cup for them (again something they haven’t done before or after him)....and let’s not forget about the World Cup he won...but aside from that you are right.... ha ha 

Messi would take Tranmere Rovers to the Premiership....but I see what you mean though, Ronaldo has made a career out of playing for a bunch of plucky under dogs....

Lol. Maradona was successful for four years. Messi cant help that stellar Barca side bt a Real side (minus Ronaldo) without the midfield maestros that recently retired (went to Qatar or whatever). Ronaldo has been the top boy at his club for at least 15yrs, AND country. 

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Lol. Maradona was successful for four years. Messi cant help that stellar Barca side bt a Real side (minus Ronaldo) without the midfield maestros that recently retired (went to Qatar or whatever). Ronaldo has been the top boy at his club for at least 15yrs, AND country. 

I take It back....THIS is the best post of 2020. 

I'd say Messi carries Barcelona more than they carry him. They've spent hundreds of millions on forwards and he's still been the master. While some of these forwards can't get off the bench. He's even played in midfield and scored for fun

Don't see how that logic can work for either because they play for Real, Juve and Barca. 

I would say Messi gives more to his team as a playmaker. Ronaldo isn't even close in that department. 

They're the two greatest ever but i think Messi is just ahead. 

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Diego imploded under spotlight. 

He retired before I was born, but even I know that's ludicrous. By all accounts, he pretty much won Argentina a World Cup on his own, didn't he? Plus all the stuff with Napoli.

Maybe he didn't have the longevity of the other two, but he was a bit of a rock and roll footballer.

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Exactly. A very average team. But they won it. 

And Ronald's contribution was very average (for a player of his talent) he scored 3 goals all tournament (2 against Hungary and 1 against Wales)

I don't get this notion that Ronaldo lead them to glory, he was very poor in this tournament and went off in the final early on. 

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I wouldn't credit Ronaldo for dragging them through it. In fact it's hard to give them any credit except for being solid and hard to beat. 

Not a good example of Ronaldo greatness. (He is great though. 2nd best ever ?)

They won it the same way Greece did in 2004.

Archived