Let’s all find some positive things to say about the Rams.

Curtains

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not doom mongering, but saying a team that finished 10th is better than a team that finished 5th isn't right. Yes there is plenty of promise, but as of now we are a half complete car that needs fixing. 

So why not say we might have a bit of cash coming our way which we'll probably spend on a few new car parts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cocu has begun to strengthened the 'spine' of the team, with a decent, Championship goalkeeper, two very reliable central defenders - De Wierk & Clarke, and a midfield of Rooney, and Bielk, along with 'runners' of Bird, Sibley and either Shinnie (who is a very solid player, who's not afraid to get stuck in), or Holmes.

Undoubtedly, the attack is the weakest positions, and Derby need a good centre-forward and a right-sided winger, which I believe will arrive this week. We will also see a couple of players leave before the transfer, and probably another of the yongsters who have played in the 1st XI.

Possession football can look boring, however, look at many premier teams, and they play the same. The only difference is when they get the opportunity, they move it forward very quickly and that's where Derby haven't got the players or experience to take advantage.

11 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

So why not say we might have a bit of cash coming our way which we'll probably spend on a few new car parts

Nothing wrong with that, I was more bemused about last season being talked about like a great season when we have done better quite a few times in recent years. The team isn't bad but the best team in years seamed a bit strong to me. 

6 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Possession football can look boring, however, look at many premier teams, and they play the same. The only difference is when they get the opportunity, they move it forward very quickly and that's where Derby haven't got the players or experience to take advantage.

Probably is some truth in that, we just look so half baked as a team. We've played some nice stuff at times but never been able to do it consistently for a full 90 minutes. Maybe it will only take a few players to get it clicking. Hopefully that is the case and it's not a deeper issue with the system

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Have you seen some of the other teams forums?

DCFCfans is a positive of the rams.

Can I my brown nose award now @David

To be honest there are very few forum software options out there these days, IPS, Xenforo and vBulletin are the main paid 3, then you have PHPBB, SMF that are the free options. 

Owlstalk, OTIB, Foxestalk for example all use the same software as this board, we just all apply our team colours over the top and use set them up in our own way and have our own rules.

Appreciate the words though, 11 years and still going suggests we must be doing something right despite the odd grumble. 

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Have you seen some of the other teams forums?

DCFCfans is a positive of the rams.

Can I my brown nose award now @David

Despite me moaning at @David the other day, this forum has been a life saver for me.

And being in exile, it keeps me in touch with the Rams.

I am grateful to all the mods for the job they do and for the platform they provide.

Thank you. COYR ?

Archived