Let’s all find some positive things to say about the Rams.

Curtains

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have an owner/chairman who always hires managers/coaches who are a smart/interesting choice. 
Even if they didn’t work out. Hes never just sat back and gone for a Pulis /Warnock. You could perhaps say Pearson was a mistake all over - but if you think about the managers we’ve had they’re always a smart move/innovative and in some ways courageous. And seeing as we havent really wallowed in low/mid table obscurity since Clough, you could say he’s pulled it off.

Our owner will see us right and isn't about to strip us.

Our academy is productive

We have Wayne Rooney

Bird is going to the PL with or without us

Sibely is has the potential to go to the PL with or without us.

The last few years have been the most disruptive years in a long time. Ever maybe? Managers, money, play off losses, pandemics, hurricanes...

We were in top six form for the majority of the second half of last season. 

We have an excellent home record, and an improving away (under the empty stadium conditions, may be different with home fans)

We have some of the best young players in the league, with more to come from them and more waiting in the wings.

We've finally got a solid base to build from, even if the football isn't scintillating stuff... yet. A lot of people seem to have tunnel vision where they can't see past current  next game, let alone 3-4 months in advance and 2 years away? Forget about it!

It might never be the gung ho, forget about your defensive responsibilities style of McClaren + Simpson (less so McClaren on his own) but it'll be a lot better than it is now with better players more suited to playing the style.

The manager knows what our weaknesses are and is actively trying to fix it. It won't happen overnight - the last time a manager had this much to sort out it took 4 years and 9-10 transfer windows, but less expectation and "not good enough for a club like Derby County" entitlement.

The coaching staff have said we want to be fitter, more energetic, in your face and press better than last sesson. They're not just saying it for poos and laughter.

The players talk of how the manager is trying to improve their individual game and in some cases you can see it happening.

We've got players who scored 20-30 goals last season to come back into the team, the promising  Bielik to return,  and hopefully we'll be adding some 'pace and power' up front soon.

We've got a chairman who isn't intentionally going to sell us down the river, and despite some mistakes along the way (just like everyone else) has the club at heart.

There are other things too, but I've had enough of typing, and I'd rather go and enjoy some curry and some beers than lay out positives that the same handful of posters will just write off / ignore before, during & after the next match when they get carried away with being proven right as opposed to trying to understand the what, why and how of things.

I’m positive that in my 53 years, this will be one that I am looking forward to the least. For me as a Derby fan, the day out with my lads and football included is what I enjoy. Take away the fans, take away the days on the train and take away meeting up with my boys. I’m left with a bang average team to watch on telly or a stadium a third full at best. I am positive it’s not for me this season 

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

I’m positive that in my 53 years, this will be one that I am looking forward to the least. For me as a Derby fan, the day out with my lads and football included is what I enjoy. Take away the fans, take away the days on the train and take away meeting up with my boys. I’m left with a bang average team to watch on telly or a stadium a third full at best. I am positive it’s not for me this season 

Im not sure you have got the gist of this thread ?

Archived