Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

Btw.

I have a ring door bell with camera.  Ring home alarm with sensors, basic 4 Cctv accessibility online, kept the old bell boxes from the previous home alarm I got once I’d got turned over.  Bought some bolts for the stable door too, but the horse had already beggered off.

You can add ring flood lights with cameras too that you can talk through. One tip though, fit them out of harms reach.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Btw.

I have a ring door bell with camera.  Ring home alarm with sensors, basic 4 Cctv accessibility online, kept the old bell boxes from the previous home alarm I got once I’d got turned over.  Bought some bolts for the stable door too, but the horse had already beggered off.

You can add ring flood lights with cameras too that you can talk through. One tip though, fit them out of harms reach.

The guy who runs the local security company is coming to install my system next week. 3 CCTV colour cameras with night vision and floodlights (those you can shout through and scare the cat - but the cat's howls in response are also recorded digitally), motion sensors inside and out, alarm, secure control unit, etc etc. I had the French windows beefed up yesterday, the kitchen window is being sorted next week (as well as replacement laminated and toughened glass for the door), and then the next project is the garage, garden and a new shed/brew house.

Like I said, No 1 son is paying for the security installation - he probably looks upon it as in investment for when the Memsahib and I pop our clogs. The other stuff is down to me suddenly realising that while other houses in this area are being sold for 350-400K, mine's a poohole and wouldn't be worth anything like that at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The guy who runs the local security company is coming to install my system next week. 3 CCTV colour cameras with night vision and floodlights (those you can shout through and scare the cat - but the cat's howls in response are also recorded digitally), motion sensors inside and out, alarm, secure control unit, etc etc. I had the French windows beefed up yesterday, the kitchen window is being sorted next week (as well as replacement laminated and toughened glass for the door), and then the next project is the garage, garden and a new shed/brew house.

Like I said, No 1 son is paying for the security installation - he probably looks upon it as in investment for when the Memsahib and I pop our clogs. The other stuff is down to me suddenly realising that while other houses in this area are being sold for 350-400K, mine's a poohole and wouldn't be worth anything like that at the moment.

Wise son ?

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Christ, where do you live?!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Christ, where do you live?!

In a village that has never seen such a wave of breaking and entering as we have witnessed in the last couple of weeks in the 53 years I have lived here.

Of course, the DCFCFans Jim Smith Room conspiracy theorists (you know who they are) know that all of these dodgy goings on are the work of the local home security company, ensuring their future profitability by increasing sales of cameras, alarms etc, and that to prevent having windows broken and filling the burgeoning pockets of the glaziers, it would be better to not lock your doors in the first place.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

In a village that has never seen such a wave of breaking and entering as we have witnessed in the last couple of weeks in the 53 years I have lived here.

Of course, the DCFCFans Jim Smith Room conspiracy theorists (you know who they are) know that all of these dodgy goings on are the work of the local home security company, ensuring their future profitability by increasing sales of cameras, alarms etc, and that to prevent having windows broken and filling the burgeoning pockets of the glaziers, it would be better to not lock your doors in the first place.

No, according to this site it will be the work of the EFL. They are sending teams of burglars out to homes of Derby fans to punish them financially on an individual basis.

Not telling people you're going on holiday is all well and good, but I got broken into when out walking the dog, only out of the house for an hour. Came back and the lad was in my living room, he scarpered pretty quick through the same window he had smashed to enter, cut himself in the rush and kindly left his dna all over the glass and blinds.

Police were very grateful as they had been trying to pin a series of break ins on him and the evidence he left  duly obliged.

Nothing was taken but how I felt about it lived with me for many months afterwards. 

We were once burgled as we all slept soundly in our beds!

20 odd years ago, back when we used to leave those tiny "Fly Windows" open through balmy summer nights, and no locks on the main windows,
I got up early to find the larger living room window open, and left for work with the intention of bollocking teenage son later for leaving it open, as he was last one up the previous night.

Only when Muckerette rose a couple of hours later, did she notice that her purse and a couple of cameras had been taken from a draw, and teenage son confirmed he definitely closed the big window.

Window locks and house alarm duly fitted.  Horse... Bolt... etc!

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We were once burgled as we all slept soundly in our beds!

20 odd years ago, back when we used to leave those tiny "Fly Windows" open through balmy summer nights, and no locks on the main windows,
I got up early to find the larger living room window open, and left for work with the intention of bollocking teenage son later for leaving it open, as he was last one up the previous night.

Only when Muckerette rose a couple of hours later, did she notice that her purse and a couple of cameras had been taken from a draw, and teenage son confirmed he definitely closed the big window.

Window locks and house alarm duly fitted.  Horse... Bolt... etc!

It's always the same.

When we got burgled, I'd put a store it out unit the back end of the carport, to ease his route down, and another in the garden next to the neighbours fence, to aide his escape when we arrived home and disturbed him, luckily only filching a laptop.

We'd always felt quite secure, living in a relatively quiet little street, and having a 60ft cliff at the rear boundary, so it was quite the wake up. 

After a few experiments in home security, including me waiting in vain in the dark with a baseball bat for a few weeks, we have now settled on the @Boycie method of a Ring doorbell and alarm system, with a dummy box on the front of the house from a previous installation.

The policeman who attended said he had a pretty good idea who'd commited the burglary, but they're so clued up these days he'd have dropped the laptop off at a fence before he'd even gone home, but he did pop back a few weeks later to tell us a neighbour a few doors had been done, they'd almost caught him in the act before he springed over the back fence.

And fell 60ft to the floor, causing severe internal damage that looked like requiring an emergency organ transplant if he were to survive.

Karma's a bitch.

7 hours ago, Rev said:

It's always the same.

When we got burgled, I'd put a store it out unit the back end of the carport, to ease his route down, and another in the garden next to the neighbours fence, to aide his escape when we arrived home and disturbed him, luckily only filching a laptop.

We'd always felt quite secure, living in a relatively quiet little street, and having a 60ft cliff at the rear boundary, so it was quite the wake up. 

After a few experiments in home security, including me waiting in vain in the dark with a baseball bat for a few weeks, we have now settled on the @Boycie method of a Ring doorbell and alarm system, with a dummy box on the front of the house from a previous installation.

The policeman who attended said he had a pretty good idea who'd commited the burglary, but they're so clued up these days he'd have dropped the laptop off at a fence before he'd even gone home, but he did pop back a few weeks later to tell us a neighbour a few doors had been done, they'd almost caught him in the act before he springed over the back fence.

And fell 60ft to the floor, causing severe internal damage that looked like requiring an emergency organ transplant if he were to survive.

Karma's a bitch.

I’m surprised they didn’t get prosecuted for not having a warning sign about the long drop on the back fence.

52 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m surprised they didn’t get prosecuted for not having a warning sign about the long drop on the back fence.

Picture the scene...

Yoof running from The Rozzers at breakneck speed, in pitch darkness, and with a bag of swag swinging wildly on his back:

"Hmmm... Hang on... What's this warning sign all about..."  

?

On 14/10/2021 at 11:24, sage said:

I'm flying to Turkey on Thursday. Asked for a Covid Pass a month ago.  A week later a letter came saying i had only had 1 vaccination. 

My NHS app only has record of 1 vaccination, but a different one to the letter. 

1st October i rang up 119 and gave them the dates, times and batch numbers of both jabs. They said someone will ring within 5 days.  

On Monday (11th) having had no phone call and NHS app not being updated, i rang my GPs. They told me they would update the app that day. 

On Tuesday (12th) I rang the GP to book my flu jab and they said they could print me a letter. When i picked it up, they said it might not be accepted and they had updated the app today but it would take several days to update. On the news about GP letters not being accepted. 

Today (14th) no update. So rang 119. They said the 5 day thing was 'advisory only' and they were busy. He said he could ask again but it would take '5 days'

As it stand i'm not going and will lose my flight money, as it is 'my fault'. 

Shambles

My covid pass never got updated. It says 2 jabs on the GP section of the same app, but one on the pass itself. Despite the GP surgery telling me it had been updated at their end 10 days ago. 

Had to have an antigen test in Derby on Tuesday afternoon. 

Now at Gatwick Airport awaiting departure. The woman at check in confirmed my blue vaccine card, doctors letter of vaccine confirmation, GP section of the NHS app are all invalid. Without the test I wouldn't have been able to fly. 

Shambles 

1 minute ago, sage said:

My covid pass never got updated. It says 2 jabs on the GP section of the same app, but one on the pass itself. Despite the GP surgery telling me it had been updated at their end 10 days ago. 

Had to have an antigen test in Derby on Tuesday afternoon. 

Now at Gatwick Airport awaiting departure. The woman at check in confirmed my blue vaccine card, doctors letter of vaccine confirmation, GP section of the NHS app are all invalid. Without the test I wouldn't have been able to fly. 

Shambles 

It’s all a bloody bureaucratic farce! Enjoy your holiday, it’s more straightforward abroad, and safer! Leave a few hours to mess around with your PLF on return ?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s all a bloody bureaucratic farce! Enjoy your holiday, it’s more straightforward abroad, and safer! Leave a few hours to mess around with your PLF on return ?

You can do it online for Turkey. Did it in the way in and will do it in the airport on the way home. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

You can do it online for Turkey. Did it in the way in and will do it in the airport on the way home. 

Cool. Did ours online but wasn’t as straightforward as last year. Probably just a bit miffed by it as it seemed so unnecessary. 

On 19/10/2021 at 20:06, Eddie said:

I have just installed four colour security cameras with night vision on my property two on the front garden two on the back due to having new neighbours who think it’s great to throw any rubbish into my garden instead of using their own rubbish bins.

I often watch the recordings of the back garden just see which birds have visited the bird bath which I really enjoyed through the lockdown. 
The local Sparrow Hawk enjoys the bird bath for different reasons.

4 hours ago, cstand said:

I have just installed four colour security cameras with night vision on my property two on the front garden two on the back due to having new neighbours who think it’s great to throw any rubbish into my garden instead of using their own rubbish bins.

God, I hate scummy neighbours!

If that was me mate, I'd play the recording back in reverse... See how they like it!   Bamfords!