Holiday Plans 2021

Sith Happens

12 hours ago, sage said:

I've just booked Antigua (Test Match) for March 2022. Taken a leap of faith. 

Myself and little Angry are looking at that tour. Been on the bucket list and now is a good opportunity. It's 3 tests I think, which do you recommend? We were looking at Barbados

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Myself and little Angry are looking at that tour. Been on the bucket list and now is a good opportunity. It's 3 tests I think, which do you recommend? We were looking at Barbados

There is something to be said for all 3. Barbados has the biggest choice of accommodation and bars but also will attract most fans/idiots and had the biggest chance of going tits up re Covid. St Lucia is spectacular and less likely to be repeated in future tours, but has less choice of accom/bars etc. We have chosen Antigua because the flights are much cheaper than St Lucia and is least likely to go wrong re covid. The downside of Antigua is it is small (80,000 population for the whole island) so only small quiet resorts. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

There is something to be said for all 3. Barbados has the biggest choice of accommodation and bars but also will attract most fans/idiots and had the biggest chance of going tits up re Covid. St Lucia is spectacular and less likely to be repeated in future tours, but has less choice of accom/bars etc. We have chosen Antigua because the flights are much cheaper than St Lucia and is least likely to go wrong re covid. The downside of Antigua is it is small (80,000 population for the whole island) so only small quiet resorts. 

I would add that if you want to do 2 Tests, then I would do Barbados and St Lucia, as they would give a contrast of experiences. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I would add that if you want to do 2 Tests, then I would do Barbados and St Lucia, as they would give a contrast of experiences. 

Do you normally go on under your own steam or book via one of the tour companies offering trips? 

2 Tests might prove a problem time wise.

13 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Do you normally go on under your own steam or book via one of the tour companies offering trips? 

2 Tests might prove a problem time wise.

We always organise ourselves. Tours are either Barmy Army who irritate me most of the time with their cliques and the rest are the blue rinse brigade. It's pretty easy to do. Just turn up early on the first day to buy your tickets, They won't sell out. When you find a goo taxi driver, get his number and promise him/her your trade every day if fair prices are given.   

All holidays should be off! (Don't these people understand how vaccines work?!)

"But another listener, Mary, who lives in Mullion in Cornwall, complained that people travelling to the South West for holidays were increasing Covid cases in her area.

“People are moving around in big groups like it’s all over, I feel very threatened down here at the moment,” she tells 5 Live Your Call.

Mary says she’s more concerned now than she was last year due to rising cases in the area.

People are coming to Cornwall because they are not going abroad, they come thinking it’s all over.

“If we’re going to get out of this, we’ve got to stop talking about holidays.”

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Holidays in the UK? Humph!

We're in Dorset and it's 10 degrees. Longest day? They're having a joke! 

Is it dry though? 

That's as best as I'd hope for on a British holiday.

31 minutes ago, angieram said:

Grim atm. We're SW and I've got the heating on. Still hanging on to the hope that Schapps gets his act together and his waffle translates into action for the vaccinated! 

"The transport secretary says he is “cautiously hopeful” about being able to lift some restrictions on international travel as a result of the vaccine programme.

Grant Shapps says the government had always committed to regularly reviewing its international travel plan with the first “checkpoint” taking place on 28 June.

He says the checkpoints will look at whether the “science would support” relaxations - including letting people who have received two vaccine doses return from certain countries without quarantining.

“We’ll have to see what science leads us to be able to do and when, but that's why we've got these checkpoints in place," he says."

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Bleak in the south atm 

I put the heating back on yesterday. Can't peg out either. 

And Meikle is going stir crazy as we all squabble over whose turn it is to get drenched taking him down the garden. ?

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bleak in the south atm 

I put the heating back on yesterday. Can't peg out either. 

And Meikle is going stir crazy as we all squabble over whose turn it is to get drenched taking him down the garden. ?

Tropical in Belper. Had to open a few windows.