Tyler Roberts

Sean

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Both football manager and Wikipedia have him down as a striker primarily. My sources are watertight?

I watched a lot of Leeds cos I live with 2 Leeds fans, he only ever played striker when Bamford was injured/ they had no other options. He always played on the wing every other time he played. He was a makeshift striker like Johnny Russell was at times, but he'd mainly play wing.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I watched a lot of Leeds cos I live with 2 Leeds fans, he only ever played striker when Bamford was injured/ they had no other options. He always played on the wing every other time he played. He was a makeshift striker less Johnny Russell was at times, but he'd mainly play wing.

Yeah I can remember seeing him on the wing a lot as well... unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of Leeds too, since they’re on sky every single bloody weekend. Was just trying to work out what his best position is... might not be where Bielsa was playing him. 

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

True, but we don’t really want more converted strikers playing wide. We’ve already had enough of those.

That’s true buddy 

imagine if we actually signed a wide man ... that wanted to stay out wide 

would be incredible ..

just to see it again lol 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I watched a lot of Leeds cos I live with 2 Leeds fans, he only ever played striker when Bamford was injured/ they had no other options. He always played on the wing every other time he played. He was a makeshift striker like Johnny Russell was at times, but he'd mainly play wing.

Any good ?  

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Pretty fast and direct, definitely an upgrade on what we have. Injury prone though, never seems to stay fit for very long. Fit in at Derby for that reason alone.

I can’t be arsed with another sick note 

I’d rather not if he has fitness issues 

was reading just that as I saw ur reply 

Sounds like he could do with a full season injury free, similar to what Lowe got out on loan at Aberdeen, he isnt going to get much game time at Leeds.

Looking at the highlights video on here he seems to be able to play anywhere in the 3 behind the front man and upfront as well so personally I think thats ideal. Looks fast, direct and not got a bad shot on him, cant see what there isnt to like about him other than his injury record.

We cant rely on Sibley to play no. 10 all season, Roberts would offer us something different there whether off the bench or starting. 

Good signing imo

51 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Steve Nicolson fighting back against the naysayers.

1st time ever I have been able to open and read the Derbyshire live link in under 30 seconds and with only 1 click on the link. 

Played lone striker against us last month and they won 3-1...

I can see us being all about having a smaller, more versatile squad going forward. End of the day he's a minor upgrade on Bennett, and played a fair bit as Leeds got over the line, so knows how to win.

Archived