When did we last have a decent winger?

Poynton ram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last one we owned was Ince. I still don’t get the lazy criticism he used to get, he tracked back as much as most and still got stick. 
He got lots of us off our seats and celebrating beating a man and putting a good cross in or scoring. 
Ibe is a close second but he was a loan. 

24 minutes ago, England Ram said:

Last one we owned was Ince. I still don’t get the lazy criticism he used to get, he tracked back as much as most and still got stick. 
He got lots of us off our seats and celebrating beating a man and putting a good cross in or scoring. 
Ibe is a close second but he was a loan. 

loved watching him down the wing when I got a seat near the wing id always be up off my seat with excitement as he cut inside and smashed one in 

This topic just made me wonder, when was the last time we played a decent dairylea cheese triangle formation? 

How about something like Dutch Mike and Clarke at the back, Rooney, Bird and Shinnie sat in front, then Waghorn, Marriott, Hector-Ingram, Sibley and Lawrence leading the line?

4BFC8BDA-83F1-4AAF-A70D-64C712A2E17F.jpeg

I see John barton was playing in that game.
didn’t realise he was quite that old.

there is a decent book called ‘Inverting the pyramid’ that traces the tactical developments that began with the shift from the 235 W formation. 

Archived