Rams team 1964/65

oldtimeram

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I was only a little boy but I think can I recognise Alan Durban, Frank Upton, Reg Matthews, Ian Buxton, Gordon Hughes & is that Mick Hopkinson on the end?

Mick did have blonde hair as I recall but he's not on this photo

2 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Thought you guys might be interested in this pic of the Rams pre Clough era

Screenshot_20200827_112943.jpg

L-R starting top row:

Geoff Barrowcliffe, Ron Webster, Jack Parry, Reg Matthews, Ray Young, Bobby Ferguson, Gordon Hughes, Mick Cullen?, Ian Buxton, Alan Durban, Johnny Bowers

9 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Thought you guys might be interested in this pic of the Rams pre Clough era

Screenshot_20200827_112943.jpg

First team i remember watching.
You'll correct me if I’m wrong @oldtimeram but to the right is the old B stand and (out of shot) the tunnel. Behind is the Normanton End. The Popside (then a single terrace before the Ley Stand was built over it in the 70s) is out of shot to the left.

I used to stand with my brother in the Osmaston End middle tier, which was standing then (became seating later) above the terrace and behind the cameraman. Great view above the goal and looking straight down the pitch. I used to wriggle to the front and peer over. The stands were made of wood and had a fantastic smell and noise which I’ve never forgotten. Wouldn’t be allowed today (and probably quite right too) but they were part of what made me want to come back again and again.

Archived