Jump to content

Leeds United Premier League Adventures


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Before goal difference was used to determine winners, so they were joint winners, like the laws of the game dictated.. no asterix needed on this one.

Only one half of Glasgow is vile.

10 in a row... ha ha...unlucky Neil..

I feel debating this with you would be as pointless as trying to get some fellow Rams fans to acknowledge the fact that Leeds football over the last couple of seasons has been genuinely entertaining. 

Anyway this all seems petty now that @Gee SCREAMER !! has blown the lid off the Arsenal bribery scandal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought they did and Celtic were chasing it.  They already have 51 titles according to stats. Not even worth worrying about if they have the same consecutive wins and a European cup.

 

10 in a row you're having a laugh, 10 in a row you're having a laugh... and 51.... its not 55 is it..!!??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I thought they did and Celtic were chasing it.  They already have 51 titles according to stats. Not even worth worrying about if they have the same consecutive wins and a European cup.

 

They both have 9 in a row I believe.  Rangers will have 54.5 titles after this season to Celtic's 51, but still 0 European Cups.  Stopping Celtic getting the 10 in the row this season is going to be sweet for Rangers though.

Neither club will ever match the great Dumbarton side of 1891 as far as I'm concerned.  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Highgate said:

They both have 9 in a row I believe.  Rangers will have 54.5 titles after this season to Celtic's 51, but still 0 European Cups.  Stopping Celtic getting the 10 in the row this season is going to be sweet for Rangers though.

Neither club will ever match the great Dumbarton side of 1891 as far as I'm concerned.  😉

Rangers more league titles than anyone in Europe now..... hopefully it works out that they can seal it at the flea pit too..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Highgate said:

 

For me the extremists in the Green and Blue halves of Glasgow are equally unpleasant.

Exactly. Like a hidious worst in humanity ying and yang. I know and chat to fans from both sides, vast majority are prefectly normal people. Part of the old firm problem is the reasonable and normal fans from each side are very reluctant to call out the nutters on their own side.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really understand Leeds fans. Imagine being 10th in the Premier League and five points off the top six and searching for a thread like this on a Championship club’s forum, never mind deriving enjoyment from it.

If it were me, I wouldn’t have the time. I’d be far too busy planning for prospective European nights in Rome, Brussels and San Sebastián and trawling forums for travel advice instead.

I guess it goes to show how fragile their confidence is in the Bielsa project and the foundations upon which the club’s success has been built.

No-one is going to pretend they haven’t had a great year. They absolutely have and fully deserve to be where they are.

But I am not even sure Leeds fans themselves think it is likely to last. Enjoying success in the PL for one season is nothing new for promoted clubs. Sustaining it or building upon it is another matter entirely.

My feeling is they have achieved too much, too soon and there are numerous risk factors for a debilitating case of second season syndrome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t really understand Leeds fans. Imagine being 10th in the Premier League and five points off the top six and searching for a thread like this on a Championship club’s forum, never mind deriving enjoyment from it.

If it were me, I wouldn’t have the time. I’d be far too busy planning for prospective European nights in Rome, Brussels and San Sebastián and trawling forums for travel advice instead.

I guess it goes to show how fragile their confidence is in the Bielsa project and the foundations upon which the club’s success has been built.

No-one is going to pretend they haven’t had a great year. They absolutely have and fully deserve to be where they are.

But I am not even sure Leeds fans themselves think it is likely to last. Enjoying success in the PL for one season is nothing new for promoted clubs. Sustaining it or building upon it is another matter entirely.

My feeling is they have achieved too much, too soon and there are numerous risk factors for a debilitating case of second season syndrome.

To be fair, I understand it. I don't understand this "obsessed" rubbish that gets fired around these days.

I mean we had Leeds fans during this pandemic taking selfies outside Pride Park taking the pee, I don't like the club, will give them it on here but I would never dream to drive up the motorway in my Derby shirt to take a selfie outside Elland Road.

Derby lose and they are all over the clubs mentions, and there's this guy pulling up topics on this forum, why? Bielsa reignited the rivalry with his cheating and what followed in the play offs with Lampard, they will deny it and shout off we're in the Premier League, you lot are nothing, but they are fooling nobody and if we play again any time soon the atmosphere will be cracking.

It's like admitting rivalry is frowned upon now which is a little weird.

I wasn't around during the Clough days, all that means nothing to me but will openly admit that Spygate really irritated me, like seriously irritated me which made the play off 2nd leg even sweeter. 

Just a shame they had to go up the following season.

They deserved it, don't get me wrong, like @MuespachRam couldn't find Liverpool entertaining last year due to his dislike for the fans, I'm the same, never seen such a needy sensitive bunch online.

Are they going to go down this year? Of course not, that was obvious months ago, although I will admit I held that belief earlier in the season when their defence was shocking, but soon as started turning over some of the bigger (naughty) established teams in the league yeah they are staying up.

I do believe they will crash when Bielsa leaves, which he will and genuinely surprised he's still there when you look at his track record of tantrums. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t really understand Leeds fans. Imagine being 10th in the Premier League and five points off the top six and searching for a thread like this on a Championship club’s forum, never mind deriving enjoyment from it.

If it were me, I wouldn’t have the time. I’d be far too busy planning for prospective European nights in Rome, Brussels and San Sebastián and trawling forums for travel advice instead.

I guess it goes to show how fragile their confidence is in the Bielsa project and the foundations upon which the club’s success has been built.

No-one is going to pretend they haven’t had a great year. They absolutely have and fully deserve to be where they are.

But I am not even sure Leeds fans themselves think it is likely to last. Enjoying success in the PL for one season is nothing new for promoted clubs. Sustaining it or building upon it is another matter entirely.

My feeling is they have achieved too much, too soon and there are numerous risk factors for a debilitating case of second season syndrome.

This years first season Sheffield United is next years second season Sheffield United. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spygate was what football is all about, culminating in what was a pretty funny piss taking song, that backfired in a way that can only happen in football.

Not sure why fans are sad or are accused of being obsessed trawling through other fans forums, how many posts have we had on here where we have done the same, sure I have seen quite a few threads with posts calling out other forums for exactly the same thing. 
 

The thing with football though is that what goes around always comes around, it's what it's all about, the highs and the lows, if your happy enough to give it then sometimes you have to hold your hands up and take it. 
 

Leeds don't bother me, there fans are the same as any other up and down the country, there is some rivalry there, from both sides. I have been to many games at elland road prior to spygate, to know it's there, a 4-3 loss sticks in the memory as one that kicked off outside, but outside the fixture I'm not sure most fans really care either way.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.