Sky sack Le Tissier, Thompson & Nicholas

David

Time for a bit of a change. Thommo, Nicholas and Le Tiss will be missed but there are better out there, including likes of Micah Richards Alex Scott etc. 

However, Stelling is the star of that Programme. He makes it, one of the best around not only with amazing statistical knowledge but razor sharp wit humour and use of language, he is one of the best broadcasters we’ve had. If he leaves he will be an impossible act to follow.

Disappointed about Scott Minto, especially if Prutton remains, minto is in a different league and in my opinion should have been considered to front the premier league coverage.

Oh how sky would love Liam Rosenior to be part of the team - we ain’t giving him back!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott minto was good.

the worst line up is probably match of the day.
if equality brings us Vicky Sparks then bring back Alf Garnett and Love thy Neighbour.

Maybe they got sacked because they refused to appear in the never ending sky bet adverts in the breaks. I'm Jeff Stelling. Bet bet bet! It matters more when there is money on it. Back soon with all the scores from the sky bet championship. Where do you think Messi will end up Mers? Arsenal you say? No way, although I know you like a bet! Breaking news...Messi is bookies favourite to join Arsenal. 3-1 is a great value bet that you can get now on sky bet. Back after the break. Bet with sky bet. It matters more when there is money on it. Bet bet bet. Diversity is good. Betting is good. In moderation.

On 30/08/2020 at 03:33, Chester40 said:

Merson is definitely weaker tactically so no idea why he has survived other than he is a bit of a car crash sometimes. 

Soccer Saturday was always about the banter between them all rather than the analysis. You have Monday Night Football for the in depth stuff.

SS will need to have chemistry between the team and be a bit stupid or else it's going to fail. Hopefully Merson signifies that.

I watched it - just felt soulless compared to last year.  They all talked about football and did their analysis well enough but there was non of the humour or criac of last season.

I'll watch it again next week but initial impressions left me feeling that its now just another football show.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived