Sky sack Le Tissier, Thompson & Nicholas

David

The terminology of the announcement is quite nebulous - they have all been reported as being sacked which means if true all 3 have been found guilty of some form(s) of professional misconduct as yet to be clarified or speculated on.

Unless this isn't true and the reporting phraseology has been erroneous and they have infact not had their contracts renewed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sage said:

They will be replaced by younger people. Perhaps a woman, perhaps someone from an ethnic minority,. Hopefully someone better.

Sky Cricket recently got rid of Botham and Gower and replaced them with Rob Key and Ebony Rainford-Brent. I think it is massively better as a result. 

They may well want people more in touch with the modern game. it's just like Radio One DJs being shovelled off to  Radio Two. No doubt one of them will end up on TalkSport.

Spot on.

30 minutes ago, sage said:

They will be replaced by younger people. Perhaps a woman, perhaps someone from an ethnic minority,. Hopefully someone better.

Sky Cricket recently got rid of Botham and Gower and replaced them with Rob Key and Ebony Rainford-Brent. I think it is massively better as a result. 

They may well want people more in touch with the modern game. it's just like Radio One DJs being shovelled off to  Radio Two. No doubt one of them will end up on TalkSport.

I miss Botham and Rob Key is no replacement. Dull.

Emily is lovely but much less playful on TV than she was on the radio. Hope in time she develops the confidence to show her true humour.

In the last World Cup, Finnish broadaster (Yle could be compared to BBC) appointed women's national team head coach as a commentator and she is definitely in top three what I've seen so far.

Great analysis, and "onion"like way to explain everything so people without the background in football as well as professional's got some insight out of it. Rare talent.

Sky's banter boys have been so so far behind if compared to her.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I miss Botham and Rob Key is no replacement. Dull.

Emily is lovely but much less playful on TV than she was on the radio. Hope in time she develops the confidence to show her true humour.

They are very different mediums. You have more scope on radio and can take risks more as it is lower in profile.

I think she has improved over the summer and changed the dynamic for the better. Key is ok, no more but I like him being the butt of many of the jokes.

Botham became a caricature of himself. Towards they end he was predictable as Boycott, you could almost play Botham Bingo.

21 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

In the last World Cup, Finnish broadaster (Yle could be compared to BBC) appointed women's national team head coach as a commentator and she is definitely in top three what I've seen so far.

Great analysis, and "onion"like way to explain everything so people without the background in football as well as professional's got some insight out of it. Rare talent.

Sky's banter boys have been so so far behind if compared to her.

Depends on what you watched it for.

A bit like the old Top Gear, I used to watch Soccer Saturday for the banter and humour far more so than their analysis.  The BBC already do a good job of boring analysis football shows, Jeff and Co were at least a little different. 

Maybe its time has passed, I dunno.  I quickly tried to google some viewing figures but can't seem to find any - I always thought it was a pretty popular show though. 

I'll give it a try again when the season starts but will probably just watch the live lunchtime match instead, the people made the show for me and they have ripped the soul out of that.

11 hours ago, sage said:

Get woke, go broke.

I'll not be watching anymore.

No, I'll only be not watching every fortnight because people have been sacked because they are white middle aged men,  for no other reason, it seems, than the chance to replace them with people that are black/younger/female/LGBT or whatever.

That is unjust.

And yes. I will cancel my subscription.

51 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

No, I'll only be not watching every fortnight because people have been sacked because they are white middle aged men,  for no other reason, it seems, than the chance to replace them with people that are black/younger/female/LGBT or whatever.

That is unjust.

And yes. I will cancel my subscription.

If they were sacked for those reasons, your outrage may be justified, but it may be that there have been thousands of players retire since these guys were pundits and it may be time to bring in those that played more recently. 

Archived