Sky sack Le Tissier, Thompson & Nicholas

David

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This. I think he'd slot in perfectly.

Not sure about Alex Scott for this particular show, as she strikes me as a pundit more suited to serious analysis.

Strong agree.

If their plan is maintain the banter feel of the show Richards is a great fit.

Although if their plan is to also shake up the tone then Alex Scott might make sense too. Better suited to other shows otherwise, though - she's one of the best analysts around imo.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The banter is what separates it from FINAL SCORE on the Beeb. Without the banter you may as well just stick with the Beeb and forego the constant ads on Sky.

Not particularly married to keeping any of those three, just hope that we get decent replacements and not just token checklist ticks.

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

The banter is what separates it from FINAL SCORE on the Beeb.

The banter was fairly dull, predictable and 'old school'. Kinda like the Benny Hill of a football show, not even as funny as 'Carry on Sky Football' would be.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The banter was fairly dull, predictable and 'old school'. Kinda like the Benny Hill of a football show, not even as funny as 'Carry on Sky Football' would be.

True. To an extent at least. However I still prefer it to the overly dry FINAL SCORE. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch either, but I would usually go with Jeff & Co first.

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Got to say they are a bunch of (old, white, male) boring old farts for sure. A shake-up can't be worse?

Shouldn't factor into it. I don't mind them going, because I don't think they were great pundits, but it's poor if that's the reasoning.

It's had its time. The 'banter' had grown old and stale 10 years ago and was pretty much what saved their ineloquent ramblings.

No point trying to recreate that with a new panel as it will go the way of Top Gear and be noticeably forced.

Pull the plug.

Free market capitalism, if Sky don't want a studio full of old white guys then that is their prerogative. I'm sure the usual right wing snowflakes will have a good ironic moan about it. I always thought their banter was pretty cringey and outdated, Sky probably did some market research in to audience demographics and realised they needed to change it up.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If I want to watch some middle aged guys watching something on a screen that i can't see and occasionally going "oooh" and "aaah" then I believe there are some certain "niche" broadcast avenues that i can explore ?

I must remember to keep my webcam switched off.....

56 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Let's hope this SKY cull continues and one Mr Don Goodman is next in line

Surely Prutton should be next in line...(please ?)

Anyway if they sacked Goodman, Twatter would no doubt determine it was a racist decision and they'd have to re-instate him before the season starts....

Archived