Shirt numbers

Sean

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Doesn't score goals, doesn't make huge amount of assists, doesn't boss the game, doesn't get near the England set up... Not that surprising really. Neat and tidy, but not eye catching. 

Would you have him back if we could get him for say, 7m? Basically what we sold him for. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ramos said:

I’m surprised no one has been linked with taking Hughes off Watford. If I was a newly promoted team or someone like Southampton, I reckon you could pick him up now at about 12 to 15m. He ran some games for Watford last season but bar on talksport, I’ve rarely heard anyone sing his praises. 

I’m not surprised. He’s under the radar at an under the radar club. 

Just now, HariboWest said:

No spot for Ibrahim and Hector-Ingram, either. 

Does seem to show there’s an an opening for a couple of widemen. 

Loans for both perhaps? 

Might make sense given they've both been playing pre-season and can't imagine they've been snubbed when Jordan Brown has got a number in a more congested position

Whilst Josefzoon not getting one is fairly damning, I wouldn't expect the other omissions are very telling.

It's surprising Idem and Ravas have numbers but if they are battling for no.3 keeper one or both will surely make the bench at some point this season.

Brown is obviously expected to make the bench at some point, possibly due to his versatility, or because it is envisaged there will be games Rooney plus 1 other misses, he could even be factored in for the Barrow game.

The likes of Ebosele (stepping up to the 23s) and Ibrahim (1st year scholar) are still relative youngsters and have enough people ahead of them to make their first team inclusion relatively unlikely at present.

I'd very much expect them to retain the numbers they had preseason for training, and these be added to the roster if, as and when needed.

Vacant 7, 11 and the non-inclusion of Trialist give me hope for a winger and striker incoming. Of course it could also be that we don't really have anyone to fill them. Whilst, promoting Whittaker to one seems premature, moving Holmes and Lawrence may have been apt.

Nice to see Bird getting the number 8 shirt, good reward for his performances last season. Marshall and Te Weiriks numbers suggest they’ll be regular starters as expected. Nice touch from Holmes to switch to the 25 shirt as well.

Interesting that Jozefzoon isn’t listed, he’s clearly no longer part of the first team squad and will almost certainly be out the door. Frees up both shirt numbers 7 and 11, presumably for two new wingers that Cocu mentioned he wanted. I assume Brown getting a shirt number means he’s been promoted to the first team squad as well.

The DCFC website coverage of this is laughable. They have have JoFlo listed as squad number "0" and then random placeholder pictures for new signings ranging from training pictures to a black square. If you look on the mobile app, they even have Marshall in a Hull shirt (like when they ridiculously has Dowell in a Forest shirt). I find it so amateur - we all know the new profile pictures are done and so they should be live now, ready to go when squad numbers are announced! 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

How much do we read into Bird being given #8?

Cocu has said he like the traditional 433 and given Rooney/Bielik seem better suited to the holding role, could we see Bird play further forward?

Not much. If we're playing traditional 4-3-3 there is literally no chance Rooney is at the base. Rooney cannot play holding mid by himself, he needed the legs of Bird. 

Archived