Jake Clarke-Salter - Joined Birmingham on loan

Kuskus

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With the new rule coming in next season that you can only loan out 4 players (I think it is?) then Chelsea will have a lot of plahers on their books who cannot be loaned. So loans with a view to a permanent deal could be an option?

Hello B teams in the EFL. 

25 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Hello B teams in the EFL. 

My angry emoji was directed at the idea, not you @therealhantsram. I fear you are right and that the Premier League will try and force that on us, rather than bailing out lower and grassroots football. Damn opportunists. They - along with Sky - are killing football.

Something does have to be done about the ridiculous number of loans but please not 'B' teams.

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have you completely lost touch with the romance of football? Don't you remember Tomori at Elland Road going round the whole team after the final whistle, saying "I told you, I told you". His love and passion for Derby County was quite evident for all to see. Perhaps to the extent he turned down West Ham, specifically so he could return to where he knows he belongs?

The house he rented on Station Road, Mickleover is still available if he's reading this, owned by Darren Wassall's brother. Sadly, with WHU's offer to pay £50,000 for every game Tomori did not feature, that's crazy money only the Premier League and those with parachute dosh can afford, oh, and Middlesbrough.

22 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

My angry emoji was directed at the idea, not you @therealhantsram. I fear you are right and that the Premier League will try and force that on us, rather than bailing out lower and grassroots football. Damn opportunists. They - along with Sky - are killing football.

Something does have to be done about the ridiculous number of loans but please not 'B' teams.

Easily done: reduce the number of loan players allowed to move from clubs (tick), along with withholding financial support if B teams aren't voted in and/or increase financial support if B teams are voted in when finances are at their most desperate. Teams don't want to vote them in, but in good faith can't say no and the Premier League get their wish. 

48 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With the new rule coming in next season that you can only loan out 4 players (I think it is?) then Chelsea will have a lot of plahers on their books who cannot be loaned. So loans with a view to a permanent deal could be an option?

They'll just ''sell'' players with a buy back, if the player does well Chelsea will buy them back and ''sell'' them again. 

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They'll just ''sell'' players with a buy back, if the player does well Chelsea will buy them back and ''sell'' them again. 

At least that maintains a tad more integrity than fully blown B teams - where all the "loanees" are from the one club.

28 minutes ago, Andicis said:

isn't this what they have been doing to date? Or perhaps they've been selling for relatively low fees with very high sell on %ages and I am getting confused. Pretty sure they do one or the other so they basically create low risk future cash flow for themselves.

6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

isn't this what they have been doing to date? Or perhaps they've been selling for relatively low fees with very high sell on %ages and I am getting confused. Pretty sure they do one or the other so they basically create low risk future cash flow for themselves.

Generally Chelsea just loan farm, it's rare they ever sell the player. If they do, they just whack on huge sell on fees as you say. But now if they can't loan, they'll just sell with a buyback clause as a way around.

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Generally Chelsea just loan farm, it's rare they ever sell the player. If they do, they just whack on huge sell on fees as you say. But now if they can't loan, they'll just sell with a buyback clause as a way around.

Yes - was thinking Nathan Ake as an example (although there are probably others)

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

The problem with that is the player would always have the final say. There could be a buy-back OPPORTUNITY clause in the sale agreement between the clubs but if the player decides he wants to go somewhere else there is nothing they can do about it. Otherwise that would be modern day (and velvet lined) slavery.

Just now, StarterForTen said:

The problem with that is the player would always have the final say. There could be a buy-back OPPORTUNITY clause in the sale agreement between the clubs but if the player decides he wants to go somewhere else there is nothing they can do about it. Otherwise that would be modern day (and velvet lined) slavery.

Well you can't force the player to sign for you, no, but you set the price low so another club won't be able to buy them for anywhere near the price you can pay. 

For what it's worth, the info I have heard is that Premier League clubs aren't looking for their own B teams in the EFL, they want a dual registration system that allows a number of their players to be on the books of a surrogate club and their own. This gets round the loan restrictions FIFA are plotting.

The example given to me was West Ham and Southend. West Ham might have 15 of their contracted players on dual registrations with Southend allowing them to play EFL standard but can be recalled  then returned again - at any time. Obviously that wouldn't cover their A-listers but gives scope to develop players.

Accepting it was an example but if the horrible Hammers had 15 of their players at Sarfend, surely they would be expecting the majority to be selected for league duty on a regular basis otherwise what would be the point?. How, in practice, would that be much different to them being Chelsea 'B'?

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

For what it's worth, the info I have heard is that Premier League clubs aren't looking for their own B teams in the EFL, they want a dual registration system that allows a number of their players to be on the books of a surrogate club and their own. This gets round the loan restrictions FIFA are plotting.

The example given to me was West Ham and Southend. West Ham might have 15 of their contracted players on dual registrations with Southend allowing them to play EFL standard but can be recalled  then returned again - at any time. Obviously that wouldn't cover their A-listers but gives scope to develop players.

Interesting. but initial reaction is I would hate it if Football went down this road. 
How would we feel if we had half our squad at Chesterfield for example.

Might be a positive for their finances?

Maybe it would be okay for many of us but for once I’d feel for Chesterfield fans who follow them week in week out and where do you draw the line. 

Interesting to learn opinions.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace 

Archived