Jake Clarke-Salter - Joined Birmingham on loan

Kuskus

3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Clarke-Salter's left-footed. Knowing how Cocu likes a left-footer on the left and a right-footer on the right, I'd imagine if we were in for him it would be for competition with Clarke rather than to play alongside him. Might be that Cocu saw how Wisdom and te Wierik - both of whom have no experience playing on the left of a back-two - played together against Blackburn and decided that if Clarke were injured or needed resting at some point in the season, he'd rather have someone left-footed and who plays on that left-side to slot into that position.

Or a Clarke replacement for next season if its a loan with a view to a permanent

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If he’s seen that MTW isn’t up to it, which is worrying, it would make sense. As I said, we’ve got room for a development centre back. If it’s a loan deal then I would hope it’s a loan with a option to buy. 

We can’t say the CB play (aside for the Norwich game) has been good. Clarke Salter would allow us to play a higher line, reducing the need for a target man as we can naturally take a higher starting position up the pitch. A little like Tomori, when we would start Marriott in the centre forward position and actually produce. 

May as ask if Tomori fancies it until January as he will be kicking his heels at Chelsea it seems ( obviously at a sensible price ) 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

May as ask if Tomori fancies it until January as he will be kicking his heels at Chelsea it seems ( obviously at a sensible price ) 

By all accounts he rejected West Ham on loan, so don't think he's about to come back to the Championship, let alone here.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I actually really like this idea @Ghost of Clough. When fit we have some good attacking options. With Ibe, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Whittaker and Duncan to come too I can see a mobile rotating front 3 that coached right, could confuse the hell out of defenders.

Save our money until we can get someone we really want as a CF. 

Their defenders or ours

6 hours ago, Srg said:

By all accounts he rejected West Ham on loan, so don't think he's about to come back to the Championship, let alone here.

Have you completely lost touch with the romance of football? Don't you remember Tomori at Elland Road going round the whole team after the final whistle, saying "I told you, I told you". His love and passion for Derby County was quite evident for all to see. Perhaps to the extent he turned down West Ham, specifically so he could return to where he knows he belongs?

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have you completely lost touch with the romance of football? Don't you remember Tomori at Elland Road going round the whole team after the final whistle, saying "I told you, I told you". His love and passion for Derby County was quite evident for all to see. Perhaps to the extent he turned down West Ham, specifically so he could return to where he knows he belongs?

Absolutely and Wilson too - they both have had their best and longest time being successful here. Wilson looked miserable at Bournemouth when I watched them last season 

3 hours ago, roboto said:

Also Tomori had that video on the way to Chelsea pre-season singing the bounce song on the plane. Think he also captioned it with “Once a ?...” or something like that too.

He did say he wanted to come back to Derby so would not suprise me if turns out to be season long loan. And with hopeful harry wilson as well.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ha! Can't tell whether you're being entirely serious or not but I do think having 25,000 fans chanting your name and being petty much universally loved would be a strong lure for any young player who is currently stuck on the bench week in, week out. It was a strange but happy stellar alignment as Fiko, Harry and Mason all seemed to absolutely love their time at Derby. I don't think it's easy to fake that and I don't believe any of them did. Hard to envisage mason ever coming back, but I'd not be surprised if the other two were at some point in the future. They'd be greeted by the vast majority of fans like long lost sons. 

Also I beleive by all accounts Tomori was genuinely touched by the fact he was voted player of the season and was well deserved....it also was helped by the fact his mate Mount was on loan 

His pace just lets us move yards further up the pitch would be an amazing signing but think its unlikely but you never know

13 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I remember Frank doing similar, and we know how that turned out.

And beyond that, you have to be actually able to afford the loan.

10 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ha! Can't tell whether you're being entirely serious or not but I do think having 25,000 fans chanting your name and being petty much universally loved would be a strong lure for any young player who is currently stuck on the bench week in, week out. It was a strange but happy stellar alignment as Fiko, Harry and Mason all seemed to absolutely love their time at Derby. I don't think it's easy to fake that and I don't believe any of them did. Hard to envisage mason ever coming back, but I'd not be surprised if the other two were at some point in the future. They'd be greeted by the vast majority of fans like long lost sons. 

Ha! I was joking with @Srgbut it's also the case that many a true word is spoken in jest and I agree that the Lampard season and our club will always be special to these three players. If fans were in the grounds to show their love it might give us more of a shout, but without them and with every game like a pre-season friendly, I suspect it wouldn't be the same.

Archived